Recent content by Rfried4987

  1. R

    Discuss: Tesla FSD V14.1 Lite Rolls Out: First Impressions

    The problem is its still Lite, which to me means it is still in "party trick" territory vs HW4 which is end to end without disengagement. That is a monumental difference. Even if they do solve some of these issues, chances are it will introduce new ones, I could never feel like I would be...
  2. R

    Discuss: Tesla Launches FSD V14-Lite: First Impressions

    I figured its to come but the left the S/X off the install notes?
  3. R

    FSD on HW3 should be $5K

    At this point I’m not sure it’s even worth $5K. The only part I feel comfortable enough to use it is on a highway, and autopilot is good enough for that. The current HW4 version is light years ahead of HW3. They have a PS5 and we have an Atari.
  4. R

    Discuss: Tesla to Add CarPlay, According to New Report: Advantages & Disadvantages

    Two things to that, One I don’t use Siri, I find it good for nothing and pocket dials people. Also i think that would still require something from your phone or require you to switch to Bluetooth audio, which I rarely use.
  5. R

    Discuss: Tesla to Add CarPlay, According to New Report: Advantages & Disadvantages

    I like Teslas infotainment system and I have no issue with the maps, but the biggest reason for me to want CarPlay is the text messaging and push notifications. The messaging system in a Tesla uses old Text messaging technology and sends group text messages individually looking like each person...
  6. R

    Discuss: Tesla to Add 15 New Visualizations to FSD [Photos & Video]

    This would be practical, but doing this would eat into Teslas margins as their goal is to sell new cars, not keep you in your old car. As much as I want Tesla to swap out HW3 for HW4 I still highly doubt they would do this on so many fronts just due to the fact that they know people are likely...
  7. R

    Discuss: The $25K Tesla is Dead, and the Cybercab Killed it [Opinion]

    I think the standard Model Y was probably their plan as the affordable Tesla since the idea of a less expensive Tesla was prior to the $7500 rebate being eliminated which would have taken the least expensive model just under 30k. IMO that model hurts the brand a bit anyway if they wanted to have...
  8. R

    Discuss: Tesla to Add 15 New Visualizations to FSD [Photos & Video]

    Do we know if this will be active on all Teslas new and old or just AMD or HW4 only or just those who subscribed to FSD not autopilot?
  9. R

    Discuss: Tesla Adds FSD Visualizations to Intel Vehicles While in Reverse

    Is it an overhead view though? On my model S when in reverse it’s identical to going forward. I do look at the visualizations sometimes since people nearby show up before they may show on the backup camera.
  10. R

    Discuss: Tesla Adds FSD Visualizations to Intel Vehicles While in Reverse

    Was this change made for legacy model s and X also?
  11. R

    Discuss: Tesla Brings Back Lifetime Supercharging With Luxe Package—But With a Major Catch

    This article is a bit misleading, it makes it sound like Tesla has eliminated the ability for an older car eg: 2012-2016 S or X with SC01 code sold privately that they can’t transfer unlimited supercharging. I can’t find anything to support essentially the full elimination of transferable...
  12. R

    Discuss: 2025.32 Official Tesla Release Notes

    True, but it’s not like the don’t do any testing on these cars, we got the audio update which had to be more complex to test than this.
  13. R

    Discuss: 2025.32 Official Tesla Release Notes

    It’s kinda odd they didn’t add this to legacy models. Nothing really new here in the way of functionality or features it didn’t already have. It’s more of a turn off convenience.
  14. R

    Discuss: Tesla to Face Billions in Lost Profit as 'Big Beautiful Bill' Kills EV Credits

    I agree that Tesla won’t be subsidized while the other automakers will be. The other issue is whether or not Tesla has built a large enough user base to withstand the loss of the ev tax credit. I think they will need to costs of their cars or introduce more trim levels to have a lower price...
  15. R

    Discuss: 2025.14 Official Tesla Release Notes

    Why is keep accessory power on not for legacy vehicles? They have been tinkering with that on legacy vehicles since they disabled it when sentry was active last year.