Software update wishlist

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Waze-like crowd reporting.

Ability to report traffic related items of interests such as road hazards and police speed traps. Simply have icons on the map to tap easily for quick and accurate crowd reporting

Reactions: Procal and TeslaMus

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Add arrow to side camera views when signaling lane changes.

On a few occasions I've clicked the wrong arrow when changing lanes. Luckily I look for the side of my car in the side camera views before changing lanes. Adding a simple arrow graphic to the lane change side camera view would help make it clear you're looking at the correct side view camera before changing lanes.

Scenario: You want to change lanes in dense traffic, it's clear (no red on the screen) and notice a fleeting opportunity to do so. You go for it but a loud horn makes you realize the lane wasn't clear. You were just looking at the wrong side camera view.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Change default TXT message default to "Send message" on X and S.

Sending a text message using the voice commands works pretty well. My problem is that after I compose the message the default choice is to re-record the message. The number of times I choose to re-record the message is minuscule compared to the times I just want to send the message. And the steering wheel scroll knobs are so imprecise (at least on the legacy models) that I have to visually confirm that I'm on the correct option before push the knob. Defaulting to "send" would eliminate all that and make sending text messages much easier and less distracting.

TeslaMus

May 22, 2024
Whatsup Location or Google Maps sharing / send to Tesla App's navigation

If ı recevie location from Whatsup or Google Maps. I want to directly share to Tesla app. I dont want to type same address in Tesla App's navigation.

Last edited:
Reactions: KRS1983

TeslaMus

May 22, 2024
CHILL / SPORT and "ECO Mode Driving"

I have a Model Y performance. I never got the estimated milage results since ı got the car. I believe it is because of my driving.

But one day ı set the speed limit to 60 mph from security panel (which is enough in city traffic during the day). I got very close results to estimated in enegy consuption.

In addition to setting some limits in Eco mode.. Tesla May consider to changing dual motor usage from AWD to Rear Drive if it improves milage.. I believe Tesla engineers can optimize other things under the hood to get better milage in ECO mode.

Every battery operated phone has a low power mode. Since Tesla has a battery , can have ECO mode too.

Last edited:

TeslaMus

May 22, 2024
Shift Gears from control buttons like F1

I have a Model Y performance. It is a great car to enjoy driving in sport mode . Thank you Tesla.

I am not sure if this can be done in EV cars but sometimes I want to shift gear to one level down to fasten the car more as you do any stick shift sport car.

Is it possible to shift Gears like F1 pedals from control buttons on wheel. It can be either pushing left / right buttons to shift gears.
It can be only in Sport mode. İt will be more fun to drive.
1716385766573.png

TeslaMus

May 22, 2024
Turn OFF passenger side AC or fan sperately.

We can seperate driver / front passenger tempurature control but as far as ı know, we can not turn off passenger side AC completely.

Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024

I have a Model Y performance. It is a great car to enjoy driving in sport mode . Thank you Tesla.

I am not sure if this can be done in EV cars but sometimes I want to shift gear to one level down to fasten the car more as you do any stick shift sport car.

Is it possible to shift Gears like F1 pedals from control buttons on wheel. It can be either pushing left / right buttons to shift gears.
View attachment 229
There are no "gears" to shift.... only forward/reverse. It is an electric motor. You are only controlling the RPM speed with the GO pedal.

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Whatsup Location or Google Maps sharing / send to Tesla App's navigation

If ı recevie location from Whatsup or Google Maps. I want to directly share to Tesla app. I dont want to type same address in Tesla App's navigation.
If i get you right, thats already an existing feature. I can share any location with the tesla app, which sends it to my tesla to navigate to.

Reactions: Procal

TeslaMus

May 22, 2024
If i get you right, thats already an existing feature. I can share any location with the tesla app, which sends it to my tesla to navigate to.
Really. May be it doesnt work in Android. I couldnt do it.

Note: I just tried sending a google maps location from Whatsup to Tesla app. it gives error.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Add arrow to side camera views when signaling lane changes.

On a few occasions I've clicked the wrong arrow when changing lanes. Luckily I look for the side of my car in the side camera views before changing lanes. Adding a simple arrow graphic to the lane change side camera view would help make it clear you're looking at the correct side view camera before changing lanes.

Scenario: You want to change lanes in dense traffic, it's clear (no red on the screen) and notice a fleeting opportunity to do so. You go for it but a loud horn makes you realize the lane wasn't clear. You were just looking at the wrong side camera view.
I like it in principle, but I don't get it. Besides seeing the blinking arrow at the top of the screen, don't you see the side of the car in the camera stream? Now there's also the red blind spot alert which should give a better hint about which side it is.

Reactions: RNHurt

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
There are no "gears" to shift.... only forward/reverse. It is an electric motor. You are only controlling the RPM speed with the GO pedal.

View attachment 229
There are "gears" but you wouldn't want to control them. What I simply do is keeping the left button configured for acceleration, and since I drive on soft/chill, if I need the full beast I just temporarily change the acceleration mode.

Reactions: Procal and RNHurt

TeslaMus

May 22, 2024
There are "gears" but you wouldn't want to control them. What I simply do is keeping the left button configured for acceleration, and since I drive on soft/chill, if I need the full beast I just temporarily change the acceleration mode.
Thnak you for reply. I do the same for chill/ sport change but it is not instant.. you need to press+roll+press and it takes time :)) when you need adrenalin.. you need one push and go....

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Thnak you for reply. I do the same for chill/ sport change but it is not instant.. you need to press+roll+press and it takes time :)) when you need adrenalin.. you need one push and go....
Well yes but that's the closest you can get to avoiding having sport mode engaged at all times (which ironically in the EU is "normal acceleration", while "chill" is "soft acceleration" - ironically because on my dual motor "soft" is nothing short of 250cv+).

+/- pads, not gonna happen, as the electric power-train simply isn't designed for such... inefficiency. They would just have to "mock" a behavior that they are going against. Considering they are doing weird things steering from the past like removing stalks and basically challenging anything they can within legal limits (and also stretching them), this would seem illogical.

Reactions: RNHurt