How to Re-Calibrate Tesla Window Regulators
April 29, 2021
Are your power windows misbehaving?
Does your app say they are left open but you don't see it?
Do they rub when you open your door?
Well, you may need to re-calibration your window regulator.
There are a lot of YouTube videos that say to hold your window up/down for 15 or 30 seconds. They claim Service told them this. They might be right but the procedure below is directly from Tesla's do-it-yourself website.
To calibrate a window regulator:
- 1. Close the door with the affected window.
- 2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
- 3. Use the driver window switch to raise the affected window until it stalls.
- 4. Use the driver window switch to lower the affected window until it stalls.
- 5. Use the driver window switch to raise the affected window until it stalls.
The window should now be calibrated. If the issue continues after attempting the calibration procedure a couple times, contact Tesla.