FSD Beta v11.4.6
- Improved short-deadline lane changes, to avoid going off-route, through better modeling of target lane vehicles to improve gap selection assertiveness.
- Improved offset consistency when controlling for static obstacles. Also improved smoothness when changing offset direction by adjusting speed more comfortably.
- Improved handling of oncoming cars on narrow unmarked roads by improving prediction of oncoming car's trajectory and leaving enough room for them to pass before re-centering.
- Improved Occupancy Flow prediction from the Occupancy Network for arbitrary moving obstacles by 8%.
- Expanded usage of the new object ground truth autolabeler for the NonVRU detection model, improving distant vehicle recall and geometry precision for semi-trucks, trailers, and exotic vehicles.
- Improved VRU control by expanding planning scope to control gently for low-confidence detections that may interfere with ego's path.
- Improved handling for VRUs near crosswalks by predicting their future intent more accurately. This was done by leveraging more kinematic data to improve association between crosswalks and VRUs.
- Improved ego's behavior near VRUs by tuning their assumed kinematic properties and utilizing available semantic information to classify more accurately their probability of intersecting ego's path.
- Improved Automatic Emergency Braking recall in response to cut-in vehicles and vehicles behind ego while reversing.
- Introduced Automatic Emergency Braking on general obstacles detected by Occupancy Network.
Editor's note: The release notes for this beta are the same as FSD Beta 11.4.5, which was never released to the public, and FSD Beta 11.4.4, except for the last bullet point.
In this update Tesla is introducing Automatic Emergency Braking for generalized objects, not just vehicles, as detected by their Occupancy Network.