Software update wishlist

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Tried again. Still not working on my phone.
I can only imagine your android version being too low. Mine is Android 12 and it works there. Or you still have the wrong approach to it, hard to say from here. But many users confirm its possible on both OS.

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Whatsup Location or Google Maps sharing / send to Tesla App's navigation

If ı recevie location from Whatsup or Google Maps. I want to directly share to Tesla app. I dont want to type same address in Tesla App's navigation.
I get two different experiences on my iPhone 15 running the latest software. I only have this issue with WhatsApp

1. Whatsapp asks me to choose a map app first. No direct way to send the address to my Tesla App.
2. Google Maps does allow me to share an address directly to my Tesla App.

Last edited:

TeslaMus

May 22, 2024
I can only imagine your android version being too low. Mine is Android 12 and it works there. Or you still have the wrong approach to it, hard to say from here. But many users confirm its possible on both OS.
Anroid 12, Samsung Note 20. When ı share, google map gives an error . "there was a problem with sharing content with your car"

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Anroid 12, Samsung Note 20. When ı share, google map gives an error . "there was a problem with sharing content with your car"
Have you checked if there is any privacy setting in the car which prevents it from accepting Locations per App? If not, you should try to reinstall the Tesla App, if it still not working, open a Service Request for your car in the App, theres a Service Category for the Mobile App

BraunRolfHar

May 27, 2024
Possibly another, interesting request (for improving the app):
I don't like folding the mirrors every time I park. And most of the time it's not necessary. However, sometimes you want to fold the mirrors later when the automatic mirror folding is switched off. However, this is not possible today via the app!
==> It should therefore be possible to fold the mirrors using the app.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Possibly another, interesting request (for improving the app):
I don't like folding the mirrors every time I park. And most of the time it's not necessary. However, sometimes you want to fold the mirrors later when the automatic mirror folding is switched off. However, this is not possible today via the app!
==> It should therefore be possible to fold the mirrors using the app.
The mirror thing is actually more complicated than they thought. But hey, voice commands actually do wonders on this, e.g. when I need to leave the car in our French single-car garage (try to park it without folding them...).

Still, when I leave the car in a valet garage, they never close it, so mirrors always remain open.
With other cars, they can just flick a switch. With Teslas, well you know the story... who knows about getting into the touchscreen or even using voice commands?

So, yes, easy access via the app should be good for when you forget about folding mirrors, but even before that, there should be easy access to mirror folding at least from the "parked car" animation, exactly as you can open trunk, frunk, etc., and also while driving at low speed.

Reactions: EdinEPTX and RNHurt

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Control WiFi from app
I don't remember if I wrote it already, but... repetita iuvant. We should be able to see the WiFi status of the car from the app and even apply changes to it. I just went crazy waiting for 2024.14, continuous disconnections, took almost 24h to download. Before I would just drive for a while or leave the phone with hotspot in the car.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Improvement to directional arrows
For few days I tried the auto-off feature, both on the previous M3 with stalks and the new Highland, before quickly realizing that it's overzealous.
I know you will say that EAP and FSD it has to work like this, but without if you need to cross multiple lanes when entering or exiting a highway, having to trigger the direction n-times isn't ideal.
Conversely, disabling the auto-off on the Highland literally keeps them on, beyond what a mechanical switch would do, unless you close a 90° turn.
So the point is that we should have something in between:
- a more "lenient" auto-off, understanding whether the driver is actually remaining in the lane or still pointing out to the next (i.e. by angle)
- a more "aggressive" standard off, not requiring a turn completion in excess of 90° (e.g. 45°-60° might already be good)

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
The Tesla App shows $/kwh and total cost estimate prior to charging at home.

It's hard to remember what hours are the cheapest to charge your vehicle at home.

When initiating a charging at home via the Tesla app, it should show how much this charge will cost based on your electricity plan.

With these insights one can make an informed decision to charge their car or wait for a cheaper time to charge.

Last edited:

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Sentry should stitch multiple video clips together for a threat and send it to the app.

If a person walks up to your car and walks around the vehicle, Sentry using its AI should stitch videos from this event from all cameras into one concise video and alert you via the app. Currently you have to manually select each camera to view the entire event.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
BUG: Autopilot perceives guardrail shadows as lane boundaries
On highway segments perpendicular to low sun-rays such that the shadow of the guardrail projects onto the road, the car perceives a reduced lane width
Not sure if it was a coincidence, but with 2024.14 I don't see this behavior any longer.

Gospel

Apr 19, 2024
Record route feature!

Simply say "record route" and drive from point A to point B using your preferred path, including specific lanes to avoid issues like waiting too long to get into the turning lane. Once you reach your destination, say "end route." The next time you travel from point A to point B, FSD will automatically follow the recorded route.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Add option to for facial recognition to drive.

Car should have option to authorize a driver based on facial recognition using in cabin camera and using only the car's hardware( not servers).
Similar to the one I already posted, but mine is more about recognizing the driver for profile selection, as often if you are in 2 drivers with phone keys it might pick the wrong one.

Reactions: KRS1983