Software update wishlist

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Highland: guess driving direction at all times
Fine when it selects D or R going out of a parking, but why not doing it at all times, since the interface is so poor? E.g. you brake to a car or an obstacle during a parking maneuvre, if should reverse.

Last edited:

Sonny1983

Apr 30, 2024
Trailer light test function

I often use a trailer on my M3. You should always check the lights on your trailer after connecting. But checking the brake lights requires pressing on the pedal (=second person or brick). Would be nice to have a "trailer light check" function via the touchscreen or app. You just stand behind your trailer, and it shows all the lights, one after another.

Sonny1983

Apr 30, 2024
Don't capure sentry videos when phone key is around

When using sentry mode and I come back to my car, most of the time there is at least one video recorded: Me coming to my car. I know that when the car recognizes a person moving towards it (me), it starts recoding, and it surely only reads my phone a couple of seconds later. But there should be an option to cancel recording a clip when the phone key is detected maybe 15s after beginning to record. Cause then it's just me.

Reactions: RNHurt and K.I.T.T.

KPI

May 2, 2024
Restore 150km/h max speed on autopilot
There's no reason why the car was formerly limited to 150km/h and later reduced to 140km/h, also by comparison with all major carmakers (Mercedes, BMW) who allow higher speeds, e.g. my Z4 does 160km/h with auto steering.
I agree, though the BMW allows up to 210km/h with support systems (lane assist, self steer, etc)

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
I agree, though the BMW allows up to 210km/h with support systems (lane assist, self steer, etc)
Yes it depends by the level of autonomy, but 160km/h is reasonable, 200-ish not so quite. 140 seems too limited, furthermore considering that it does 150 with ACC only...

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Decouple Navigation Distance and Speedometer units of measurement.

Problem: Choosing metric option for navigation distance also changes the speedometer and dashboard speed limit sign images to metric while US speed limit signs on the road are in miles.

Allowing navigation distance units in metric enables uniform countdowns. Example Distance to a turn counts down from 2000km to 0 meters versus a countdown in imperial units.... 2 miles, 1 miles, 1/2 mile, 1/4 mile, 300 yards....100 feet.....

Selecting metric navigation units of measurement should NOT force use of a metric speedometer and view of metric speed limit signs on dashboard.

Supporting note: Other units of measurement are decoupled. Selecting metric for navigation does not force you to use Celsius and kPa units,

Last edited:

phxazcraig

Apr 4, 2024
Decouple Navigation Distance and Speedometer units of measurement.

Problem: Choosing metric option for navigation distance also changes the speedometer and speed limit signs images to metric while US speed limit signs are displayed in miles not kilometers.

Allowing navigation distance units in metric enables uniform countdowns. Example Distance to a turn counts down from 2000km to 0 meters versus a countdown in imperial units.... 2 miles, 1 miles, 1/2 mile, 1/4 mile, 300 yards....100 feet.....

Selecting metric navigation units of measurement should NOT force use of a metric speedometer and view of metric speed limit signs on dashboard.

Supporting note: Other units of measurement are decoupled. Selecting metric for navigation does not force you to use Celsius and kPa units,
You in Puerto Rico? When I was driving there, distances were in metric, speed limits in Imperial. I assume the speed limits were because most of the cars were from the US with US speedos when the signs went in.

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
You in Puerto Rico? When I was driving there, distances were in metric, speed limits in Imperial. I assume the speed limits were because most of the cars were from the US with US speedos when the signs went in.
No...I'm not but that is a good point that supports the need. I've been using metric for decades in my line of work so it's much more useful to me. I couldn't tell you what a a 1/4 mile looks like on the road...lol But I know what speed looks and feels like in miles/hour.