Discuss: Tesla Has a New Repair Shop - GM

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
So, does this mean that you can go to a local GM dealer to get your car fixed? Do you have to schedule it through the Tesla app? Are GM dealers even an option when scheduling a repair? What types of repairs do GM dealers do? So many questions.

Loucks Lion 1961

Nov 19, 2022
I beleive that GM is doing body work only since Tesla does not have a body shop at their stores. When my Model 3 was damaged Tesla recommended 2 Tesla approved independent owned body shops. Doubtful if you had electrical or software problems GM would be of any help. This is just a negative press article against Tesla since they do not advertise in the dominate media.

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I beleive that GM is doing body work only since Tesla does not have a body shop at their stores. When my Model 3 was damaged Tesla recommended 2 Tesla approved independent owned body shops. Doubtful if you had electrical or software problems GM would be of any help. This is just a negative press article against Tesla since they do not advertise in the dominate media.
Honestly I didn’t take this as a negative thing. Having to wait an unreasonable amount of time for service I believe is much worse. There are many parts of a Tesla that most shops can fix with the right parts, but with Tesla being unique in so many ways some people may not know this.

Tesla doesn’t need to be bogged down with tire rotations, brakes, suspension issues if other body shops can take some of the load off of them. I think it may actually help Tesla provide better service by letting them focus on things that only they can do.

A decent example is how not all Honda vehicles are fixed at Honda dealerships, other shops also help ease their burden by fixing some aspects of these vehicles.