Discuss: Tesla Adjusts the Length of FSD Beta Suspensions With Beta 10.69.25.2

Hagg6

Oct 6, 2022
The steering wheel never measured attentiveness to begin with. It may or may not have registered whether the driver was holding the wheel but not whether the driver was watching the road. Most accidents with or without any ADAS equipment happen when a driver is holding the wheel. The cabin camera is a far better solution. Suspending somebody when the camera sees that the road is being watched makes no sense, especially if it's because the car can't tell if somebody is holding the steering wheel.

When they get rid of this, I will be able to hold the wheel comfortably and naturally. I won't have to try to apply artificial pressure, but not so much that it disengages. If it does disengage, that's the one time that it's critical to check whether or not the driver is holding the wheel. But that's when Tesla stops checking. I've read so many reports of accidents where the driver claimed that Autopilot was on, only for Tesla to say that it wasn't. Given that Tesla is practically forcing some drivers to disengage autosteer unintentionally, they may be creating a bigger problem than they are solving, since there's never been evidence that people who are holding the wheel are more attentive. Obviously, those who aren't holding the wheel because they climbed into the backseat are not paying attention, but those are the ones who rig the system so that it can't tell anyway. A camera might fix that.

If they want to suspend people for not watching the road, I'm all for it, but they should take a step further and pull the car off the road and shut it down. These people aren't going to pay attention when driving with Autopilot off either.

Bobf

Jan 22, 2023
Tesla code reveals how long the full self-driving suspension will be… Read More
Glad to see this release removed being in fsd jail. I bought a 2022 Model S that was in suspension. I have owned it for 1 month and with this release, I’m finally out of fsd jail! FSD is cool to use but you definitely need to be alert, it has issues, but that’s why it is beta.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Grampamac

Mar 20, 2023
Toronto, Canada
Glad to hear a suspension will be limited to 2 weeks but I believe (hope) there may be a software glitch in the current FSD software regarding the application of disengagement penalties by Tesla. I installed and activated the latest FSD version in my 2020 Model Y in January but for a variety of personal reasons have only used it on 2 occasions - each trip being a test and under 5Kms long.

Had to turn off FSD last week for a service appointment at a Tesla service centre but on turning FSD back on there was a message that 2 disengagement penalties had already been applied?? I have never received any messages asking for me to take any corrective actions nor notifications of a disengagement for any trip thus far so maybe a software issue?

Frustrating part is there not being any ability to communicate with Tesla about this issue. Are there others having any similar issues?

Cob37Jam

Feb 20, 2023
63051-1406
Had to turn off FSD last week for a service appointment at a Tesla service centre but on turning FSD back on there was a message that 2 disengagement penalties had already been applied?? I have never received any messages asking for me to take any corrective actions nor notifications of a disengagement for any trip thus far .......
Was the vehicle left at the shop? Cynical me might think someone took it for a ride without telling you. 🤔