Discuss: Tesla’s YouTube App Is Now Limited to 360p Resolution, but There’s a Workaround

SteveM3P

Feb 2, 2023
Hi,
There is a great workaround on the Tesla Youtube App.
You press the three dots as normal
Highlight the 360 resolution area (‘you cannot then change it here)
But then you press the left/right arrows on the left hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel - and the resolution can now be changed to whatever you want from 144 to 1080!
This worked on cellular connection when I was waiting to collect my son from school this afternoon.
Cheers
Steve

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Hi,
There is a great workaround on the Tesla Youtube App.
You press the three dots as normal
Highlight the 360 resolution area (‘you cannot then change it here)
But then you press the left/right arrows on the left hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel - and the resolution can now be changed to whatever you want from 144 to 1080!
This worked on cellular connection when I was waiting to collect my son from school this afternoon.
Cheers
Steve
Thank you, I posted that workaround as well!

Reactions: SteveM3P

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
If this works you are a saint :D
I confirmed the other workaround works. It takes a minute to get used to it since nothing displays on the screen, but it works. Press left on the left scroll wheel after tapping the resolution button twice.

• Love
Reactions: Legendary

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
I confirmed the other workaround works. It takes a minute to get used to it since nothing displays on the screen, but it works. Press left on the left scroll wheel after tapping the resolution button twice.
Thanks a lot mate !
Much appreciated, I'll do that as soon as I get back to my car

OakSanatorium

Feb 2, 2023
Which models have the scroll wheels that can go left and right for this fix? It is the Refresh Model S & X and all 3 & Y?

bestoffer

Mar 1, 2023
the tap on quality way no longer work, the only resolution options left are 360p, 240p, 140p and auto