When does Autopark and Summon show up in Germany

Henrik

Jul 26, 2023
Since more then one year this features are missing, is any idea around when it shows up in Germany? Guess it would speed up car sales extremely.

Does anyone have details about this missing features?
Best Regards
Henrik

Sonny1983

Apr 30, 2024
Autopark showed up exactly one time until now. My Tesla moved in the slot backwards, but a little crooked. Then by itself it went forward to correct. As a women walked in the path of the car, it briefly stopped, displaying "waiting for passenger to continue parking". Without intervention, it resumed moving forward. Backed up and came to a stop perfectly centered. I was impressed. But after that, autopark never showed up again. I'm on 2024.8.9

Summon is available through the app, but it's not very usable cause of the restrictions in Germany. You basically have to stand right beside your car (max 2m away), or it won't work. Plus, the delay when pressing the button on the app until the car starts moving is a bummer.

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
I have one with USS, but it only appears on very well marked parking spots, but my experience using it is not as good as for Sonny1983. For me, it cancels 75% of its parking attempts with no reason (no pedestrian around or anything). It just kinda realises it cant find the parking spot anymore and cancels. Have to complete the parking myself then. Summon is, as already said, very handicaped in Europe. But i use it sometimes on my narrow garage, its comfortable not having to get out on 10cm door opening after backing in :LOL:

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Actually it wouldn't move sales an inch, everyone expects it to be already there, they just get disappointed after. Exact reason why Tesla don't care about it... and they can resist until other manufacturers approach in the rear view mirror, so not for long.

It's like when you buy a BMW or Mercedes, you expect they actually put some brain in the UX/UI, but nope, it's always some crazy dope engineer weirdness. It's not a reason for stopping repeated purchases, you just endlessly hope they will do better at the next iteration.

Sonny1983

Apr 30, 2024
Autopark works on 2024.14.8. But it still has some problems to recognize parking spots. Here in Germany, most parking lots are paved with grey bricks, and the markings between spots are not white lines, but white(ish) bricks. Because of the paving pattern, only every second stone is white, so it looks like a dotted line. I think thats the problem.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Autopark works on 2024.14.8. But it still has some problems to recognize parking spots. Here in Germany, most parking lots are paved with grey bricks, and the markings between spots are not white lines, but white(ish) bricks. Because of the paving pattern, only every second stone is white, so it looks like a dotted line. I think thats the problem.
Does it work with USS or Vision?

McErono

Jun 3, 2024

I am on 14.9 in my M3 highland in Switzerland, no autopark, no summon nothing available...

Reactions: EVSteveA

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
Actually we got Matrix before the US?
I didn’t say we didn’t, my point is it did not take long to sort out this for the US but we are 18months down the road and still
Paying for something we haven’t got

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
I didn’t say we didn’t, my point is it did not take long to sort out this for the US but we are 18months down the road and still
Paying for something we haven’t got
You cant compare two mainly different things! Its all about the difference in laws between EU and US. See, Tesla is not holding this back in EU because its fun to let us wait, its rather because our law cant keep up with the rapid development of technology. Therefore it is simply not legal to roll out FSD in Europe so far, but this could change in the near future. There were made new regulations in March, but only time will tell if this is enough for tesla to make FSD eligible in EU now. On the other Hand, Matrix LED was now approved in the US and is legal for Tesla to roll out now.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
You cant compare two mainly different things! Its all about the difference in laws between EU and US. See, Tesla is not holding this back in EU because its fun to let us wait, its rather because our law cant keep up with the rapid development of technology. Therefore it is simply not legal to roll out FSD in Europe so far, but this could change in the near future. There were made new regulations in March, but only time will tell if this is enough for tesla to make FSD eligible in EU now. On the other Hand, Matrix LED was now approved in the US and is legal for Tesla to roll out now.
Again you misunderstand, I am not talking about FSD, I am talking about the New Autopark the EAP Functions which to my knowledge should have no restrictions for UK use

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Again you misunderstand, I am not talking about FSD, I am talking about the New Autopark the EAP Functions which to my knowledge should have no restrictions for UK use
Sorry, i thought you talk about FSD too. I can understand the frustration, but eventually it will make its way to Europe im sure! Just wait a little, Tesla wont read this here anyways :)

Last edited:
Reactions: EVSteveA

Henrik

Jul 26, 2023
I saw today new Tesla discount structure in Germany, I guess if Tesla wants to get rid of their stock, they should spent the old buyers the features what they bought 2 years ago-Summon, Autopark these are very popular functions especially in Germany with small garage structures! Maybe buyers would more believe in these great cars and their promises from sales side!

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
I saw today new Tesla discount structure in Germany, I guess if Tesla wants to get rid of their stock, they should spent the old buyers the features what they bought 2 years ago-Summon, Autopark these are very popular functions especially in Germany with small garage structures! Maybe buyers would more believe in these great cars and their promises from sales side!
Totally Agree, Too busy concentrating on FSD in US etc to worry about the rest of the world - Blinkered approach

Reactions: Henrik

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
I have been told by Tesla Virtual Service that the reason the UK does not have Autopark etc for non USS vehicles is due to country legislation. at last some truth. but still does not stop Tesla keep taking money and not delivering. and still no word on when they will satisfy UK legislation - leaves a bad taste in your mouth

Henrik

Jul 26, 2023
i am a little confused, Summon with all derivates was working with sensors correct. Now after Tesla changed it to optical view it was told it is not allowed due to country based legislation. I was told recently BMW can do in the new i5 series a similar technology... Why is it allowed for BMW and Tesla got restrictions? This cause some questioning to me...

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
I have been told by Tesla Virtual Service that the reason the UK does not have Autopark etc for non USS vehicles is due to country legislation. at last some truth. but still does not stop Tesla keep taking money and not delivering. and still no word on when they will satisfy UK legislation - leaves a bad taste in your mouth
Then the people need to push to change the legislation.