Teslas can now seamlessly charge at EVgo stations

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Has anyone used EVgo? I saw that some AAA memberships include an EVgo subscription which seems like a nice perk. Then I saw that EVgo charges by the minute. That method seems like it would reward users for charging in the middle of your range and become increasingly expensive as charging speeds taper. A lot of math to figure out your costs per kWh Or mile.

slavoa

Oct 28, 2022
Has anyone used EVgo? I saw that some AAA memberships include an EVgo subscription which seems like a nice perk. Then I saw that EVgo charges by the minute. That method seems like it would reward users for charging in the middle of your range and become increasingly expensive as charging speeds taper. A lot of math to figure out your costs per kWh Or mile.
I have. Experience was sub par. I got free EVgo charge in 2018 for Nissan leaf. There were total 10-13 in whole Las Vegas. One stall each location. Often out of order. Charge per minute. I complained multiple times that it’s ridiculous to charge per minute. On top my leaf can charge up to 50kW but EVgo limited me to mostly 35. At electricity America I am able to charge 50 so their reasoning that limit is set by car manufacturer is total BS. After free I currently charge for free at free L2

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Sylvain

Oct 29, 2022
"While EVgo may never be as simple as using Tesla's Superchargers, since it does require setting up an account with EVgo"

To be fair, we do need to set up a Tesla account...

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard