Tesla to add 'Alternate Routes' in update 2022.28

Terpsla

Sep 13, 2022
This is good news. How about adding warnings for speed cams.
Also, not sure it currently finds best route based on traffic?

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
This is good news. How about adding warnings for speed cams.
Also, not sure it currently finds best route based on traffic?
That would definitely be a nice addition. The current routes definitely take traffic into account whether you subscribe to Premium Connectivity or not traffic is always considered unless you don't have cellular reception.

GunniBusch

Sep 13, 2022
I really like the Map. But in Germany there is this thing, that the announcement, when I should take the Highay exit, is made at the last moment so I often the exit is missed. And in german forums you find more people with this problem. So is there a way to modify the map by mysel?

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I just would like to be able to select "Avoid Freeways" like most other GPS offers.
This has been requested so often that I have to believe it's coming soon.

I really like the Map. But in Germany there is this thing, that the announcement, when I should take the Highay exit, is made at the last moment so I often the exit is missed. And in german forums you find more people with this problem. So is there a way to modify the map by mysel?

That's interesting. Does Google Maps do a better job regarding timing?

Reactions: JeffnReno

Art Masson

Sep 13, 2022
What I'd really like is the ability to set a "preferred route" between two points that the system would remember and choose as first choice -- regardless of any proposed alternatives. This capability would provide significant featire capability improvement over any other navigation system !!!!

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

Xund@

Sep 13, 2022
You will soon have the ability to choose from multiple routes when navigating to a destination… Read More
This is a game where Tesla is playing catch-up and way, way behind where the competition was quite a few years ago. The BMW I had the preceeded my M3P, was miles ahead in the navigation software department - for anyone that had navigation, functionality was the same. My Jag prior to that already gave 3 alternate routes as standard when choosing a destination. Tesla software is gradually also much less sophisticated than most competition - maybe one day windscreen wipers might actually start working... neural networks or not.

ehs

Sep 13, 2022
WOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!! JUST LIKE GOOGLE MAPS HAS HAD FOR THE LAST DECADE!!!!!! Tesla infotainment system looks dated already, yet they add a new feature every year. The UI is lacking, some buttons for the navigation are far away from the driver's reach. The voice command feature stinks, plus the navigation speed and routing is not good at all compared to Google Maps. Just give us Android Auto and Apple Car.

JeffnReno

Sep 13, 2022
I'd also like to see it keep the route I send to the car. Since I know it will choose freeway routes over surface streets when I may not want that, I took the time to use my phone GPS to design a route to my destination using surface streets but when I send it to the car, it ignores the route I picked and only uses the destination so back to freeways anyway. Kinda annoying.

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

b Christopher

Sep 14, 2022
Of course you're a nouvo rch person with 80k to burn on your Sunday car, what's another $15 a month for *premium traffic conditions*. Shame on you @Elon, you sorry SOB

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Of course you're a nouvo rch person with 80k to burn on your Sunday car, what's another $15 a month for *premium traffic conditions*. Shame on you @Elon, you sorry SOB
The car still takes traffic into account when navigating even without a premium subscription. It does doesn’t show the visualization.

Reactions: JeffnReno