Discuss: Why You May Still be on Tesla Update 2024.8.9 or 2024.3.25 and What to Expect

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
and meanwhile in your very detailed update no mention of EAP and WHY we still do not have at least New Autopark restored to non USS cars, Mentioned back 18months ago the missing functionality would be added soooon

Reactions: Lill-Q and K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
If you're still on 2024.8.9 or 2024.3.25, we explain why that could be the case.… Read More
Super interesting reading, however I still don't understand why my brand new EU Highland without FSD should be still stuck on 2024.8.9. Based on what I read it should have been progressed to 2024.14 by now, not to mention 2024.20.

Reactions: EVSteveA and Lill-Q

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I think 2024.20 is more for CT.
The 2024.20 release notes were first available for the Cybertruck, but all vehicles will receive the update. All of the features we're aware of now will be available on all eligible vehicles in supported regions. Things like matrix headlights will be limited in regions like EU and only on vehicles with those lights obviously.

Reactions: Lill-Q

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
The 2024.20 release notes were first available for the Cybertruck, but all vehicles will receive the update. All of the features we're aware of now will be available on all eligible vehicles in supported regions. Things like matrix headlights will be limited in regions like EU and only on vehicles with those lights obviously.
Not until I get my FSD 12.4.

Computer Blue

May 28, 2024
If you're still on 2024.8.9 or 2024.3.25, we explain why that could be the case.… Read More
Question,

I am in 2024.8.9 purgatory like the author and in the release notes for 2024.8.9 it includes all the "currently Installed" versions. The one I am baffled with is 2024.2.11 Autopark. The release noted elude to me having it, but I have tried all possible scenarios to trigger the autopark feature to no avail. I also subscribe to FSD as well. Since you have the same software version, is this available to you? I was under the impression that this feature was a FSD V12 feature. I figure I ask here since you guys are smarter than me LOL.

Attachments

• 2024.8.9.jpeg
    2024.8.9.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 3

Lill-Q

May 29, 2024
and meanwhile in your very detailed update no mention of EAP and WHY we still do not have at least New Autopark restored to non USS cars, Mentioned back 18months ago the missing functionality would be added soooon
I am wondering exactly the same, I’ve got an EU MY, and am still stuck on 2024.8.9 - how about you?

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Ok but Summer is coming, seems a bit late from a Spring update, isn't it? No really, I'm looking forward to have my wife trying the trunk opening feature I suggested Tesla a while ago, as she has an IPhone and I don't 😂

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Question,

I am in 2024.8.9 purgatory like the author and in the release notes for 2024.8.9 it includes all the "currently Installed" versions. The one I am baffled with is 2024.2.11 Autopark. The release noted elude to me having it, but I have tried all possible scenarios to trigger the autopark feature to no avail. I also subscribe to FSD as well. Since you have the same software version, is this available to you? I was under the impression that this feature was a FSD V12 feature. I figure I ask here since you guys are smarter than me LOL.

We'd need a little more info to determine whether your car is eligible. Which country are you in? Which model do you own? What year? Does it have ultrasonic sensors? Is that screenshot from your own release notes or someone else's?

When you have Autopark, it should be very obvious when traveling under 5 mph through a parking lot. You'll see a bunch of parking spots continuously light up on the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Computer Blue

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
We'd need a little more info to determine whether your car is eligible. Which model do you own? What year? Does it have ultrasonic sensors? Is that screenshot from your own release notes or someone else's?

When you have Autopark, it should be very obviously when traveling under 5 mph through a parking lot. You'll see a bunch of parking spots continuously light up on the screen.
I am on 2024.8.9 STILL, no sign of the Spring Update, I have an M3 no USS with EAP why have I not been updated to a Spring Update with New Autopark ??

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I am on 2024.8.9 STILL, no sign of the Spring Update, I have an M3 no USS with EAP why have I not been updated to a Spring Update with New Autopark ??
I imagine you should be receiving it very soon. There was a very large release of 2024.14.8 yesterday and hopefully, that opens up the flood gates for everyone else still on 22024.8.9 that doesn't have FSD. If you have FSD, then you'll likely stay on 2024.8.9 until FSD 12.4 is available on 2024.9.5.

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
Question,

I think 2024.8.9 has FSD V11, New Autopark I think was from V12.3.6 or something, which again I think is part of the Spring/Summer/Winter update 2024.14.x

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
I imagine you should be receiving it very soon. There was a very large release of 2024.14.8 yesterday and hopefully, that opens up the flood gates for everyone else still on 22024.8.9 that doesn't have FSD. If you have FSD, then you'll likely stay on 2024.8.9 until FSD 12.4 is available on 2024.9.5.
Thanks, I do not have FSD, but i do have EAP (well not much of it) Still no confirmation as to if New Autopark is available in the UK and if not why not.

Computer Blue

May 28, 2024
We'd need a little more info to determine whether your car is eligible. Which country are you in? Which model do you own? What year? Does it have ultrasonic sensors? Is that screenshot from your own release notes or someone else's?

When you have Autopark, it should be very obvious when traveling under 5 mph through a parking lot. You'll see a bunch of parking spots continuously light up on the screen.
Thank you for responding to my question. All is moot now that I was part of the large 2024.14.8 update batch yesterday. To close the loop for someone who is still on 2024.8.9, I am in the US, and have a 2023 MYP with vison only. That screenshot was directly from my phone when I had 2024.8.9 as you scrolled down.

Now that I have the spring update, I can confirm that 2024.8.9 did NOT have the AUTOPARK feature. I tried it yesterday with 2024.14.8 and the spots showed up. Before the update, I would drive well below 5 mph and sometimes go into reverse to trigger the parking lines with the high fidelity vision which did not work. Hope this helps for those still on 2024.8.9.

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
Thank you for responding to my question. All is moot now that I was part of the large 2024.14.8 update batch yesterday. To close the loop for someone who is still on 2024.8.9, I am in the US, and have a 2023 MYP with vison only. That screenshot was directly from my phone when I had 2024.8.9 as you scrolled down.

Now that I have the spring update, I can confirm that 2024.8.9 did NOT have the AUTOPARK feature. I tried it yesterday with 2024.14.8 and the spots showed up. Before the update, I would drive well below 5 mph and sometimes go into reverse to trigger the parking lines with the high fidelity vision which did not work. Hope this helps for those still on 2024.8.9.
The big thing is you are in the US, I want to know if the same version in the UK with EAP has Autopark

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
That's THE question. If auto park or a glance of FSD was eventually coming to the old continent, I might decide to upgrade.