Discuss: Why Tesla's Next Car Should Not Be a Smaller, $25K Vehicle

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Industry expert Sandy Munro provides insight on the future of Tesla and the potential pivot towards a more affordable electric vehicle. Find out why a cheap car… Read More

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
"Tesla is known for its luxurious, high-end electric vehicles with cutting-edge technology and impressive performance."

Since when their cars are luxurious ? XD
People have been complaining about the build quality for years and they keep trying to save a penny on the dollar by being cheapskates on some parts (no protection for the battery ventilation under the front seats, cheap looking and feeling steering wheel, etc), that's not really the definition of luxury, is it ?

+ regarding the article itself, I really hope that they will release a 25k$ car at least for the european market ! The compacts are VERY VERY VERY popular here and it's a shame Tesla hasn't something smaller than a sedan (while it's objective is to shift the word into renewable energy blah blah blah). When picking a car last year I really wanted a compact but the best offer on the market was the M3 which was a sedan, and after nearly a year of use I still think that the car is just too big for me alone ! Parking it is a nightmare for me since it doesn't turn very well and I just don't need the extra space.
So I really hope they'll sell something smaller and cheaper, in my opinion this is THE WAY to go if they want people really shifting into EVs and not just talking about having good intentions.

Regarding the article "Munro suggests that cheaper drum brakes could be used instead of disc brakes and that Bose stereo system might not be necessary for a more affordable car."
My 2006 Citroën C4 Coupé (you can watch how it looks like if you don't know that model) had 4 disc brakes, and it's from 2006, how would they justify using drum brakes in a car bigger and heavier 20 years later ? XD
Cause of regen ? That's bullshit, in the winter there's no such thing as regen braking if you don't preheat the car... And even then it's minimal
For a smaller car like a "supermini" like the Renault Clio it's allright to use drum brakes at the rear, but definitely not on the compact cars.