Discuss: The Great Robotaxi Race: A Look at Tesla’s Competition

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
Waymo recently started operating in Miami, and I constantly see 2 or 3 of them parked down my residential street waiting to be summoned to their next task. I also frequently see them on the roads, especially in the more tourist-heavy areas. Haven't taken a ride in one yet though because even a short ride is often too expensive. However, I've seen a few videos from people trying it out in the Miami area, and those videos really make it seem very robotic and not really optimized for the chaotic environment and the aggressive drivers we have here. I sometimes get anxiety just watching videos of them driving around. It really makes me appreciate how smooth and human-like FSD is; even with the small issues it still has.
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
824
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
Bots are everywhere——well not in Canada but we can’t stop it now-couch with a lap top on wheels.

I’m guessing tv commercials will start running ads about their autonomous rides quite soon.