Discuss: Tesla's Worst-Kept Secret: A Comprehensive Review of Project Highland

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
A comprehensive summary of the eagerly anticipated Project Highland, Tesla's significant redesign of the Model 3. As rumors point to a Q3 production start, Tesl… Read More

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
IMO they should deal with it the Google way : when you realise that any form of secrecy is gone... Just reveal the whole damn thing officially !

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

accent

Jun 16, 2023
Yes, but what are Tesla doing to improve the boot space (trunk)?
They need to raise the metal shelf or redesign as a hatch. The current boot is pretty useless for anything fatter than a basic suitcase.

Janolsen

Sep 23, 2022
On screen smart shift works ok. But the haptic buttons for honking and turning lights put on the steering wheel, are just annoying. You honk maybe a few times per month for no reason, and if you're in a roundabout, you have to think clearly before pressing correct button to exit - at they don't always work on the first try. So I sometimes turn without flashing, not for lack of trying :)

Turning lights on the screen would probably be better, as they would at least stay FIXED when turning the wheel!

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
On screen smart shift works ok. But the haptic buttons for honking and turning lights put on the steering wheel, are just annoying. You honk maybe a few times per month for no reason, and if you're in a roundabout, you have to think clearly before pressing correct button to exit - at they don't always work on the first try. So I sometimes turn without flashing, not for lack of trying :)

Turning lights on the screen would probably be better, as they would at least stay FIXED when turning the wheel!
I’m guessing you are not in the US because I don’t see any signals from cars coming or going through roundabouts. In fact, I’d say others would be confused if we used them! Wish we would though. I’m sure you’ll get better as time goes on!

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
I really hope there would be an option to keep the stalks for the turning signals. On the actual Model 3 the turning signal stalk is already pretty weird (it doesn't stay in position when you use it, so I sometimes just fail to activate my turning signals which is pretty annoying).
These buttons would just make things worse in my opition, especially when already in a turn.
I live in France and we have a shitton of roudabouts, so this could be a major issue.

Janolsen

Sep 23, 2022
I’m guessing you are not in the US because I don’t see any signals from cars coming or going through roundabouts. In fact, I’d say others would be confused if we used them! Wish we would though. I’m sure you’ll get better as time goes on!
In Europe, you're supposed to signal when exiting the roundabouts. With buttons on the wheel, this becomes more challenging than before :). I guess Elon Musk doesn't drive much outside the US...but also in South Africa, you're supposed to signal.