Discuss: Tesla's myQ WiFi Garage Door Support, Its Cost, Features and How It Compares to HomeLink

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
I have MyQ in the UK, but Tesla do not support this in the UK, Liftmaster say its because although the US and UK garage door openers support myQ the hardware is different. Go figure !

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

Sylvan

Dec 16, 2022
I installed the unit and, during the 30 day trial , sometimes it worked and other times it did not. Never knew what it would do. Software evidently is very buggy. I would have subscribed if it was reliable!

bertshure

Feb 8, 2023
My old garage door opener broke on Christmas Eve four years ago, and I searched for a replacement, found one, and got it installed the same day.

I assumed that it would be compatible with my Z-wave-based home automation. It wasn't, and I chose not to pay for the extra integration. I have fine with the free software that is included.

IFTTT came out with support for MyQ recently, which is a step in the right direction. I can tell Alexa to close the door.

The feature I liked the most about the old opener hooked up with the home automation system is that I could define rules that would warn if the garage door was open for five minutes and close it after ten minutes. Your article mentioned that Homelink could be better, and that is true. I have friends who stay and wait until the garage is down before leaving, which is painful and low-tech.

I believe that I can write a rule for one of my Wyze cameras that will sense if the garage door is open or closed. I'm paying for their AI software already.

There is one feature of MyQ that I love. If you buy from Amazon, the required opener is the Chamberlain MyQ. I joined Amazon Key, and packages showing "Amazon Key" at checkout will be delivered to my garage! You can allow your friends and neighbors to use it.

My garage does not open directly to the house; the driver would have to go through alarmed doors and open doors secured by deadbolts to get into the house.