Discuss: Tesla's FSD Beta 12.2.1 Update is Rolling out to Employees, Hinting at Full Deployment

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I see there’s another headline saying it’s going out to customers, that’s exciting. I won’t get my expectations up too much :)

Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
You must be on a holiday update release such as 2023.44.30.14 to be eligible to receive this update. If you’re currently on a 2024.2 update, you’ll need to wait until Tesla updates FSD Beta to be based on a 2024.2 or later update.
Holy carp, it might actually be beneficial to NOT be on the latest release! :LOL:

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

CaptainAwesome

Apr 11, 2023
V12.2.1 roll out stalled a couple days ago. Too many problems? V11.4.9 has so many faults that need fixing before new things are added. FSD dives car into right turn lane at highway speed when nav says stay on highway. Can't read LED speed limits (actually thinks half are traffic lights and slows). Can't read "Keep right except to pass" signs. Has so many incorrect built-in speed limits that are wrong. The default residential limit for my town is wrong. Doesn't know when to speed up after going through a slow construction area. Slows like near blind driver on corners that get past a very low lateral G, plus it goes way wide towards oncoming traffic or the road edge. Pauses for clear green light intersections and for other random reasons. Will attempt to slow to a stop on the highway for unknown reasons - that one is less frequent. Pulls out onto highway with time and room but doesn't accelerate quick enough to stay safe. Makes unnecessary lane changes and only twice has it ever moved back into the slow lane after passing a car. Merges were really scary - like a game of chicken. Seems better if in the passing lane. Doesn't signal merges. Doesn't stay right on most lane splits (except it will signal right, start to move over into the right turn lane (see first problem). Makes the same mistakes at the exact places every time. Needs a memory. Misses speed limit signs if not in closest lane. Again they don't move - remember them or look farther ahead - that's what people do. At least after pressing the accelerator on unnecessary slow downs it is easy to let FSD regain control. That used to be difficult. At certain temperatures the B pillar and fender cameras fog up inside the lense cover. Usually only or two at a time. There is no way to clear the condensation inside the glass. It drives well on highways with broad curves but on straight sections it ping pongs continuously. It sounds frequent alarms for rain. It rains all winter. Sometimes it "thinks" cloudy skies are poor weather and alarms for that. I accelerates too slowly from traffic lights. It doesn't look at traffic ahead and slow until it has to hard brake and use the friction brakes. That is especially annoying when I see the overhead "Prepare to stop" lights flashing. At present I can drive smoother, and stop smoother and get better range. I hope that will change with V12 or 13 and FSD will become better than a new driver.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Unfortunately, I think you're right that 2023.44.30.20 has stalled. Looking at the latest stats there hasn't been any new installs for the last 3 days. I wonder if they found something or if they are just staging super slowly. Maybe there is a 44.30.21 on the horizon.

What?! I can wish can't I? 😆

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
A couple weeks has gone by with not much news on the v12 front... BRING IT ON please. Not the news, the actual v12. The news too.
Hopefully that means Tesla engineers are diligently working to get this version up and running on highways & city driving to the point where they can roll it out. I'm really hoping the bizarre signals & lane choices go away with v12.

Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I'm not really expecting it to be perfect (I don't think that will ever happen) but I do want to get my hands on it to give it a try. All the videos I'm seeing of v12 are AMAZING and even with it's flaws it's miles ahead of v11.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard