Yes! It’s *pretty* good at understanding. The YT channel Electrified with Dillon Loomis had a few minutes of him giving Grok all kinds of directions on the go. Might be worth a watch while you’re waiting, pretty informative channel too.
I tried telling Grok to take a different street to get home. It understood, but the nav displayed a ton of options of places to stop so I closed that and sure enough it re-routed. Except that it ADDED a stop on my preferred street, not exactly what I was trying to do but once I got on the street I wanted I deleted the sop so the car didn’t pull over.
Also- it totally said it was gonna park close to my workplace but didn’t park where I was wanting.
After my morning commute, a few quick notes on
v14.2.1.25.
Grok navigation: Surprisingly strong for normal multi-stop routing (“take me here, then there, then home”). It can get confused if you get overly specific (e.g., “take this route instead of the normal route”), but for a first implementation it’s excellent at the basics.
FSD driving behavior: Lane hesitation still happens, but it felt less severe than before. However,
brake-stabbing seems to be back. On my 20+ mile drive, I had at least one unprotected-left situation where the car was already committed in the intersection, the light changed toward red, and it hesitated/brake-stabbed instead of completing the turn to clear the intersection.
Lane planning / highway entry regression: I have a consistent test spot where the car needs to cross three lanes after a protected left to make a nearby highway entrance.
v14.1.x handled this cleanly by getting over promptly.
v14.2.x repeatedly chooses the nearest lane first, then tries to change lanes one-by-one, and it often only makes it to the second lane before the ramp—resulting in missed entrances.
Positives: Speed profiles feel more consistent and better matched to traffic flow, and it also seems more willing to “take its opening” to complete necessary turns.
Lane selection issues: It also appears to be making poorer lane decisions again—at least twice on my route it was either in the wrong lane for an upcoming turn, or ended up in a turn-only lane when it needed to continue straight.
Parking: Parking feels like a major step backward. It double-parked between two spaces at work, and even on a second attempt (between two cars, which should be easier as guides) it parked crooked and biased to one side.
Overall: Some meaningful improvements (flow/speed/turn assertiveness), but also noticeable regressions (brake-stabbing, lane planning, and parking). The pattern so far with 14.2 feels like Tesla corrected what people disliked about 14.1, but also removed some of what made 14.1 feel “right.” Hoping for a stronger post-holiday iteration.