Discuss: Tesla Update 2025.32.8.5 (FSD Supervised V14.1) Release Notes

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,454
408
83
Tesla software update 2025.32.8.5 () includes Autopilot Improvements, Arrival Options, Speed Profiles, UI Improvements, Brake Confirm, Full Self-Driving (Supervised). View Release Notes
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
765
755
93
Actual picture of me refreshing NATA for this once I saw 2025.38.8.5 pop-up.

giphy.gif

The release notes seem VERY promising, and I hope the fact that it released on v14.1 means that regular people will get it much sooner rather than having to wait until v14.2!

I was honestly not expecting the end of destination stuff to be in this early version just yet, and it is a very nice surprise. I wonder if it will give you the option of going head-in for parking, or if it will still default to reversing in only for now. My guess is this is likely where that front bumper camera is coming into play.

I also really like the added improvements to gates and road debris. And the best part is, they also specifically mention better handling of school buses, which was a major area for improvement in version 13.2.9.

Another personal favorite and big improvement is the notification for the residual build-up on the interior glass. Maybe this has to do with that video posted by Dirty Tesla that I linked to a few days (weeks?) ago. I know that once I preformed that cleaning on my own Model 3, I stopped getting alerts about the camera being dirty, even when going head-on into sun glare.

I also really like the new look to the UI, and how they implemented the end point choices. Makes it really easy to decide what you want to do.

Perhaps it's time we start a dedicated FSD bugs thread? I'd love to be able to document and keep track of any new bugs as a sanity check or improvements that can be made.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
I'll wait for the .2, as much as I want an update. Let the Influencers get the bugs out by getting hit by trains and passing stopped school busses :) .
Seriously though- glad it is out and getting tested.
Whole Mars has some vids out that I'm watching, he just said it feels less robotic vs 13 which is impressive as 13 felt really good! I noticed my eye glasses case wouldn't slide off the console cover when 13 was driving but if I was driving it often would when turning. I never realized how NOT smooth of a driver I am.
 

VoodooPriest

Active member
Nov 26, 2022
131
181
43
For those stuck on V12 with HW3, I wish Tesla would share a true roadmap for FSD (and other features) rather than the hyperbole that comes out. We've heard rumblings of a HW replacement sometime down the road. We've gotten nothing in 2025 that are game changers. Just say if we're at the end of software life, or yes, we do have efforts underway for improvements in some manner or another. Owning a Tesla is becoming a bummer. And it will eventually be something everyone deals with because of the vast underestimation of what unsupervised FSD will take.
 

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
from the image displayed for the release notes, you can see a blue light coming from below the car, similar to how the robotaxi software had a golden hue. but from the 14.1 release videos, i haven't seen any evidence of that or any mention of it. just wondering what it is and why haven’t we seen it? @Not a Tesla App
 
  • Like
Reactions: joe_apxc

joe_apxc

Well-known member
Feb 20, 2024
276
251
63
Cant wait to see the test videos of FSD 14.1 and above :) Imagine EU will get FSD in 2026, and it instantly will be 14.x - what a major improvement this will be over the current Autosteer :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
765
755
93
After watching a lot of the recent videos on YouTube from Dirty Tesla, Chuck Cook, and Whole Mars Catalog, it overall seems pretty good. The parking is definitely an area for improvement in some cases, and it does seem overly cautious. From what I can tell, we probably won't be getting v14.1 as a public release, since Tesla likely wants a much smoother experience for everyone, especially after the long gap between FSD updates. That said, the biggest issue I have with this update by far is the max speed offset being removed entirely in favor of drive profiles. I like that there are more drive profiles that are now more in line with their names and accommodate more driving styles. However, the fact that the car tends to either go too slow or too fast in a lot of cases. And in some cases doesn't even get the speed limit right, I don't like the idea of not being able to control the max speed. Until FSD is unsupervised and Tesla starts paying for speeding tickets, they should leave the control of speed to the user. From what I can see at the moment, the only way to control speed is through the drive profiles themselves, which I don't want to have to be swapping through just to get FSD to drive slower or faster. Especially if there are cops around, or speed cameras.