Discuss: Tesla Starts Retrofitting Superchargers With Magic Dock to Allow Other EVs to Charge

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022

GargantulaKon

Sep 10, 2022
Yes, dock blocking is a big concern. Supercharging was designed originally for Tesla cars only where the ports are on the rear driver's side. I'm surprised how close I need to park to a supercharger in order to reach the cable. I can't imagine other EVs being able to charge with the short cable unless the port is at the rear driver's side or front passenger's side.

Hagg6

Oct 6, 2022
The question is whether I will be able to charge a Tesla that's not my Tesla. In other words, if I go to a Supercharger station with somebody else's Tesla, use my app, select "charge your non-Tesla", give it a stall number and it gives me a cable with a an adapter attached, I'd want to be able to use the app to charge a car using the Tesla plug without the adapter. Could I unhook it with the Tesla plug, or would I need yet another adapter to convert the adapter back to the original plug? That's one of the most basic things missing from the app, and could be useful for everything from borrowing a Tesla to Turo to renting one from Hertz. If they are adding third party billing, I would think allowing Teslas would be an option.

Reactions: Not a Tesla App