Discuss: Tesla Sentry Mode: What It Is, How to Use It and Battery Drain

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Tesla Sentry Mode, an intelligent vehicle security system that monitors and records potential threats around your parked Tesla. Learn how to set up, enable, and… Read More

DataBitz

Apr 5, 2023
In a day, Sentry Mode may consume as much as 7.2 kWh, about 7 miles of range, or roughly equivalent to 8% to 14% of your battery, depending on your model and battery size.
Does this math seem wrong?
7.2kWh would use more than 7 miles of range on all Tesla's.

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

zag164

Jan 23, 2023
Hello @Not a Tesla App There is a typo in the article. It should be about 24 miles of range lost in a day. "In a day, Sentry Mode may consume as much as 7.2 kWh, about 7 miles of range, or roughly equivalent to 8% to 14% of your battery, depending on your model and battery size."

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Hello @Not a Tesla App There is a typo in the article. It should be about 24 miles of range lost in a day. "In a day, Sentry Mode may consume as much as 7.2 kWh, about 7 miles of range, or roughly equivalent to 8% to 14% of your battery, depending on your model and battery size."
Thanks @DataBitz and @zag164 for noticing the typo! We fixed it and it now correctly states that it uses about 24 miles of range over the course of a day.

Delgado

Apr 12, 2023
Frankly speaking, Sentry Mode is one of the features why I decided to buy a Tesla eventually via SCA auction last month. No other vendor offers anything like that (correct me if I am mistaken). A really useful feature in my neighbourhood.

Last edited: