Discuss: Tesla Rolls Out Its 2022 Holiday Update, Packed With New Features

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Tesla is beginning to widely rollout their 'holiday update,' or version 11, to users around the world, but North America will have to wait a little longer. … Read More

ajb2112

Nov 30, 2022
I'm curious how this will be applied to FSD, since the build numbers are different and all that. is it actually FSD V11? well, FSD V11 if you have FSD, i should say.

Kiwi

Sep 17, 2022
If Tesla 2024 brings out new hardware 4, will Tesla update all existing Tesla's free for those who purchased FSD? If not, I will upgrade my 2019 Model 3 to hardware 4. This will be much cheaper than replacing my 3 and purchasing FSD. I would also lose my free data for life for my existing Model 3.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I'm super happy with the GUI changes in this update. The 2021 Christmas update was ... ummm ... much less desirable and I was a little bit scared for this one. However, bringing back the "cards" was the right thing to do (IMHO) and I love the new mini music player. There are only two bugs that are aggravating me at the moment: can't expand music while backing up, can't see incoming text messages while playing games.

I discovered that I couldn't expand the mini-music player while I was backing out of my driveway. I don't know if the backup camera UI is blocking it or there is some technical reason, but I can't see my favorites or recent playlists while in reverse. Does this happen to you as well?

Not being able to see/respond to text messages while playing a game is not a new bug but I thought it might get fixed with this update, since it's in the same area. See, when my wife goes shopping I usually stay in the car to play a game and she texts me when she's done. When I receive the text, I reduce the game to not full-screen and try to see/respond to the text message. However, it's hidden under the bottom menu bar (somehow) and is impossible to activate. Even minimizing the mini music player doesn't fix the problem. Meh, I guess it's just something I have to live with.