Discuss: Tesla Releases FSD Beta 11.4: What's New

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
The latest advancements in Tesla's Full Self-Driving Beta 11.4 update, featuring enhanced safety features, improved driving performance, and smarter navigation.… Read More

jhodgesatmb

Mar 23, 2023
I appreciate the news about FSD 11.4 but its been over a week and it doesn't even show up on the Teslafi firmware tracker. Is it vaporware? How do we know it even exists apart from some leaked release notes? I thought that the whole idea (well, not the whole idea) of a single stack was to merge the vehicle deployments as much as possible. That must be murder to manage. But there are still 2023.* tracks being released and the "FSD" track remains behind.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I appreciate the news about FSD 11.4 but its been over a week and it doesn't even show up on the Teslafi firmware tracker. Is it vaporware? How do we know it even exists apart from some leaked release notes? I thought that the whole idea (well, not the whole idea) of a single stack was to merge the vehicle deployments as much as possible. That must be murder to manage. But there are still 2023.* tracks being released and the "FSD" track remains behind.
I can't speak with any authority on this, but it seems like big change (ie 11.3 to 11.4) builds go to employees or some small group first. So while 11.4 exists it doesn't for the rest of us. Once it has proved worthy or gets tweaked to be worthy it'll go out wider. Even then only ~5% or so get it on the Tesla Fi site tracker. Sometimes another dot release goes out, this last 11.3 had a few dot releases simultaneously which was strange to me. Then 11.3.6 came out in a big way.

There must be a tricky balance of putting out a new build and NOT wanting to create havoc with something buggy. I remember one build that came out and was rolled back within a few hours. We don't want that again! I My car was downgrading right before I needed to drive somewhere.

Reactions: RNHurt

jhodgesatmb

Mar 23, 2023
It must certainly be the case, especially now that there is a merged FSD track, that Tesla will be cautious releasing to the entire fleet. I am of two minds on this. Do I want to know, perhaps weeks in advance of a release that may never be made public, about the features that may or may not appear in said release? Part of me wants to know, especially since I am anxious to see specific improvements to FSD, but most of me wants to know only when a release will actually go wide. It doesn't really matter to me if only employees or Elon's buddies get a release. One way or another I only want to know when a release is real to a non-employee community.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
[ NOTE: I'm a new FSD owner ]

On a related note, will we get new non-FSD features (ie. new Manual application, Reverse Camera staying on, new version of Chrome browser, etc.) with the 11.4 release? What I mean is since FSD 11.4 is based on 2023.6.15 it seems like we should get those updates as well. Correct?

Or am I misunderstanding the combined firmware track that Tesla has for the FSD stuff?

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
[ NOTE: I'm a new FSD owner ]

On a related note, will we get new non-FSD features (ie. new Manual application, Reverse Camera staying on, new version of Chrome browser, etc.) with the 11.4 release? What I mean is since FSD 11.4 is based on 2023.6.15 it seems like we should get those updates as well. Correct?

Or am I misunderstanding the combined firmware track that Tesla has for the FSD stuff?
I would think so. As far as the rear camera staying on- you can do that now if I’m understanding what you wan— The rear displayed on the screen as you’re driving. New browser will be nice if it is quicker, or maybe that’s a cell signal strength issue for me. Seems pretty slow In general though.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I think the Rear Camera staying on is only when you're reversing. Currently, the rear camera comes on when you switch to reverse, but you can override it and display something else (radio, climate control, etc.) This update forces the rear camera to stay on so. Honestly, that's probably a good feature for me. I tend to do other things while I'm backing out (BAD DRIVER!) so keeping my attention would be a good thing. :LOL:

22MDL3P

Apr 19, 2023
I would simply appreciate the FSDb toggle coming alive again...Without having to download another non-FSDb update.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I would simply appreciate the FSDb toggle coming alive again...Without having to download another non-FSDb update.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. It might be because I'm on a 2020 MX but the FSD beta option is always available to me.

22MDL3P

Apr 19, 2023
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. It might be because I'm on a 2020 MX but the FSD beta option is always available to me.
This is what my toggles have looked like since the recall... While I understand what has occurred, I'm not sure what it's going to take for the option to open up again or how they are going to bring it back...I can't upload an image, everything I try is too big. My FSDb toggle on the autopilot section is no longer an option

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Seems like two weeks is a long time for no news on the 11.4 front. Not even a peep, I don’t see any videos purporting to be of 11.4.
Does no news = good news? The 11.3.6 build is pretty good but there are still some minor nagging issues with lane selection, unnecessary / confusing turn signals where I live. I drive the same routes for the most part, 24 mile round trips at the most and 6 mile more typical so I don’t really test it much.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I'm sure it is all internal testing at this point. Trying to interpret silence is impossible and prolly reveals our own bias which is why I was hoping that someone with direct knowledge would drop a hint. Some will say it's a big update and they're working hard on it, others will say they can't get it to work :) . Then there's the fact that this one is based (maybe not the best way to describe it but I'm no dev) on a 2023 build. Maybe that can take longer? I'm trying to remember what is a 'typical' in-between time. 11.3.1 was 3/7 and the last one we (public) got before that was 1/16 so I guess this isn't atypical. Even if you include the 11.3 release on 2/14 that's still a month until 11.3.1 .