Discuss: Tesla Rebuilt Its Music Player; Expect More Music Services in 2023

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Tesla is rebuilding its music player using HTML. This means we'll likely see the addition of more web-based streaming applications, like YouTube Music, Amazon M… Read More

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
The re-do is interesting. I think I was just trying to search apple music for 'comedy' after getting my account on the car but the results were also tune-in and other streamers. That's handy, wasn't what I was expecting but why not search all sources? All my recents were still available so that's good. The thing is I'm pretty set / happy with what I usually listen to in the car but I guess I should poke around while charging :)

The better (and more options) the in car stuff gets the more tesla will get Premium streaming subscribers. Or whatever it is called.

I jumped at the $99/yr level when that came out as an option in the app. That saves $20/yr if you're all in (in the USA). Were the hot spotting smoother / quicker I would consider just doing that.

Reactions: RNHurt

Hagg6

Oct 6, 2022
It means that they can fix things on the fly, but will they? They broke USB support in the existing interface and not only didn't fix it on the fly, they didn't fix it at all and it's been broken for years. Hopefully if they are rewriting the whole interface, that part will get fixed because it would be hard to do a worse job than what they have now.

muscajj

Dec 31, 2022
I would rear collision avoidance like other cars such as Subaru have. It would be great for the tesla to hit the brakes if going to back into something

Hagg6

Oct 6, 2022
I would rear collision avoidance like other cars such as Subaru have. It would be great for the tesla to hit the brakes if going to back into something
True and I don't know why they didn't have that at least five years ago.