Discuss: Tesla Priority Device: Having Your Tesla Connect to the Correct Phone

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
The Tesla Priority Device, its functionality, and why it's essential for Tesla owners. Solve Bluetooth connection issues and enjoy a seamless driving experience… Read More

Hagg6

Oct 6, 2022
The Tesla Priority Device, its functionality, and why it's essential for Tesla owners. Solve Bluetooth connection issues and enjoy a seamless driving experience… Read More
There's nothing new about this feature and it's somewhat helpful but still has a huge flaw. It's nice that if I'm using my profile, it won't pick my wife's phone by mistake. But it also assumes that it picked the right profile to begin with.

This problem has been an issue for as long as Tesla has had driver profiles. If the car senses a fob, it goes by that profile. If it senses a fob on the passenger side, then later senses one on the driver side, a person on the driver's side opens the door, and it then senses that fob inside the car, it will still act like a baby duck that imprinted on the first thing it saw. It will go by the passenger profile, even if that person merely put something in the trunk and walked away. It will then do its best to crush my legs as it moves the seat to the wrong position. It really needs to understand multiple devices and have a priority for selecting profiles.

Of course, a person can stop the seat by tapping the screen, but instead of having a big red button visible on the screen for the duration of the time that the seat is moving, the solution is... whatever things look like since the most recent software update, which could have put the control anywhere. As long as you remember in the middle of the panic looking for the button that you can reach for the physical control on the side of the seat, you'll be fine.

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

S2hill

Apr 25, 2023
I’m new to the Tesla world. I set my phone to priority for my profile right away however in the article it says it can be set for Easy Entry profile also but I don’t see any way to do that. Just curious what those steps would be.

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I’m new to the Tesla world. I set my phone to priority for my profile right away however in the article it says it can be set for Easy Entry profile also but I don’t see any way to do that. Just curious what those steps would be.
You'll need to switch to the Tesla profile, then go to Bluetooth settings and set your device as the priority. That will associate your other Tesla profile (easy entry), with your phone.

S2hill

Apr 25, 2023
You'll need to switch to the Tesla profile, then go to Bluetooth settings and set your device as the priority. That will associate your other Tesla profile (easy entry), with your phone.
I’ve tried that and it doesn’t work unless I’m doing something wrong, but it says easy entry is the profile and there’s no option to set phone priority.