Discuss: Tesla Introduces Vision Park Assist: Availability, Accuracy and Videos

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Tesla's Vision Park Assist for non-FSD vehicles, offering valuable parking assistance through camera-based technology, compatible with Model 3 and Model Y, and … Read More

ctuna

Mar 25, 2023
Anybody got the download update . New Y owner here this is day 4. Overwhelmed even though I have been reading up and researching
these cars for a long time.

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Anybody got the download update . New Y owner here this is day 4. Overwhelmed even though I have been reading up and researching
these cars for a long time.
We have more info on this topic here:

PW_Berlin

Mar 28, 2023
So far the experience can only be describes as "unusable". Complete mess when parking in the city, sometime telling you top 50cm before the end of the parking spot, sometime not recognizing huge items properly. The problem is, reliability is very low, so that even when it is right, I cannot be sure.

I was hoping that it is fixed properly because I have to choose my next car and it cannot be a Tesla without a proper park distance control system. A function even 25k Euro cars have and which is mandatory in an European city to park in tight parking slots....

Reactions: Dyfthegog

zag164

Jan 23, 2023
My own experience has also been very disappointing. The car identifies and measures the distance to the flat border between my driveway and the lawn (no risk), but completely ignores a large 1m3 bag of topsoil on the driveway. When I accepted delivery without USS, the statement from Tesla regarding Tesla Vision was: "...In the near future, once these features achieve performance parity to today’s vehicles, they will be restored via a series of over-the-air software updates...". This is not even close to "parity".

zag164

Jan 23, 2023
Suspense is killing me
I see you are in the UK from another post so a bit surprised that you haven't got it yet. Have you enabled Advanced software updates in Controls > Software > Software Update Preferences?

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
I see you are in the UK from another post so a bit surprised that you haven't got it yet. Have you enabled Advanced software updates in Controls > Software > Software Update Preferences?
Yes advanced well and truly selected lol

J3r3

Apr 29, 2023
Hello ! I'm a brand new happy owner of a TM3 LR but I have a strange behaviour with the update 2023.12.1.1.

I was on a 2023.2 , I did the update to 2023.12 but unfortunatly my car didn't have the parking assistance with tesla vision ( from the update 2023.6 see screenshot) are you aware of that ?

I ve no USS (this is a TM3 2023 model) with AP only features. And I come from Belgium 🇧🇪.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_8894.jpeg
    IMG_8894.jpeg
    643.6 KB · Views: 4

Dyfthegog

Apr 10, 2023
I’ve had a Model Y for a month and love the car. The ride is too firm but that is forgivable. I added enhanced autopilot to get the automatic parking. I got an email about two weeks before delivery to say that it wouldn’t come with ultrasound but the camera system would be available soon. Too late to cancel. The camera parking assist is rubbish and sulks if it is raining. There is no sign of the automatic parking ever being ready. I’m appalled that a functioning system should be removed before a proper replacement is fully functional.

J3r3

Apr 29, 2023
Hello ! I'm a brand new happy owner of a TM3 LR but I have a strange behavior with the update 2023.12.1.1.

I was on a 2023.2 , I did the update to 2023.12 but unfortunately my car didn't have the parking assistance with tesla vision ( from the update 2023.6 see screenshot) are you aware of that ?

I ve no USS (this is a TM3 2023 model) with AP only features. And I come from Belgium 🇧🇪.

Thanks for your help
I reply to myself , I did a factory reset which resolved the issue.

CM955

May 17, 2023
I reply to myself , I did a factory reset which resolved the issue.
I had exactly the same problem, brand new M3 LR, updated to SW 23.12.5, no Park Assist. Factory reset solved the problem.
Thank you, J3R3!!

nigeldodd

Feb 18, 2023
I’ve had a Model Y for a month and love the car. The ride is too firm but that is forgivable. I added enhanced autopilot to get the automatic parking. I got an email about two weeks before delivery to say that it wouldn’t come with ultrasound but the camera system would be available soon. Too late to cancel. The camera parking assist is rubbish and sulks if it is raining. There is no sign of the automatic parking ever being ready. I’m appalled that a functioning system should be removed before a proper replacement is fully functional.
Similar situation to mine in Feb 23 but I asked Tesla for evidence that the Tesla Vision system could replace ultrasound functionality. Any software house should have had a beta or some lash up ready as proof of concept by then. But they didn't!. I asked several times. before cancelling my order.

Yes, I agree, the MY or M3 is a remarkable car. Fortunately I have a 2019 M3 so there wasn't quite the pressure on me to accept something without parking sensors, or the equivalent functionality.

Last edited: