Discuss: Tesla Intel Vehicles Receive Some of the Visual Updates in Spring Update 2024.14

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
Not a Tesla App, any chance you can supply some meaningful information as to why in the UK a 2022 M3 with no USS and Paid EAP does not receive the latest or any spring update !

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Thats what i call good news! Tesla isnt letting down the Intel Atom Vehicles yet as it seems, we even get it in the 2024.14 updates, at least a part of the new features. Cheers and thanks to Tesla!

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
We get our first look at the features of Tesla's Spring Update, version 2024.14 on Intel Atom-based vehicles.… Read More

@Not a Tesla App do you have any idea about what's the logic behind cars picking up updates? Mine still hasn't notified about 2024.14 and now it's quite odd, given the broad distribution seen in the last few days. Could that be connected to the fact that I haven't used it in the last 5 days? It's connected to wifi, but being in the garage it's open (and periodically sends annoying notifications reminding to unlock, but that's another story). Could it be connected to car valet mode?

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
There seems no logic in software distribution, I have a 2022 M3 with no USS where Tesla took my money for EAP (no I wasn’t informed) and removed 3 of the 5 functions. I have advanced delivery set. You would think in my situation I would be too if the pile

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Well that's another story, I haven't purchased any autopilot yet as the price is just nonsense for what it currently does outside the US, almost at the same price. For an additional +8/16% on the price tag, nothing it actually provides would be worth it.

Sometimes I just wish I had EAP just to get rid of the annoying autopilot disconnect/connect audio alert when switching lanes (c'mon Tesla, an airplane only has visual alerts when enabling autopilot, why should a car have audible alerts too?), but seeing what it does with parking assist, I wouldn't let it autopark even if I had it.

ceevee1966

May 15, 2024
Well - the changes they have added are welcome. The Media Player is much better, and I appreciate the increased size of the speedo for better peripheral vision viewing). Navigation UI is also an improvement. The wiper speed selection is much more prominent (although I do wonder if this is a first step in acknowledging they can't solve the rain detection).

I do wonder if Intel-based owners are about to become second-class citizens after years of parity - with bigger and bigger divergence coming through from now on - Kind of like owners of older Apple phones...

Reactions: RNHurt

ceevee1966

May 15, 2024
Well that's another story, I haven't purchased any autopilot yet as the price is just nonsense for what it currently does outside the US, almost at the same price. For an additional +8/16% on the price tag, nothing it actually provides would be worth it.

Sometimes I just wish I had EAP just to get rid of the annoying autopilot disconnect/connect audio alert when switching lanes (c'mon Tesla, an airplane only has visual alerts when enabling autopilot, why should a car have audible alerts too?), but seeing what it does with parking assist, I wouldn't let it autopark even if I had it.

I agree there's not enough value in autopilot to justify the price. For me at least, I'd need a system good enough to allow me to sit in the back seat with a beer on my way home - anything short of that is still basically a toy!

• Haha
Reactions: K.I.T.T.

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Well - the changes they have added are welcome. The Media Player is much better, and I appreciate the increased size of the speedo for better peripheral vision viewing). Navigation UI is also an improvement. The wiper speed selection is much more prominent (although I do wonder if this is a first step in acknowledging they can't solve the rain detection).

I do wonder if Intel-based owners are about to become second-class citizens after years of parity - with bigger and bigger divergence coming through from now on - Kind of like owners of older Apple phones...
What i can at least hope for is that when FSD is coming to Europe, Intel based Vehicles will still get it because the Autopilot Computer which is a seperate one will still be able to handle it. Regarding the other Multimedia Features, you could be right about the second class citizens - but thats just how things are going with modern tech nowadays :D It gets old very fast

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
I agree there's not enough value in autopilot to justify the price. For me at least, I'd need a system good enough to allow me to sit in the back seat with a beer on my way home - anything short of that is still basically a toy!
In Europe, FSD is currently just automatic lane changes on highways. For 7.500€ :D Everything else is in EAP anyways. FSD is just an investment in the unknown future basically. I bought my car second hand, the FSD Package was already on it (lucky me i guess, because the price of the car did not show that or calculated that in). So i just wait for FSD to release in Europe now :D

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I was thinking about this the other day and was beginning to get upset. Then I remembered that Tesla was the first (and only?) auto manufacturer to offer extensive OTA updates. Sure, some other companies correct some bugs or something but nobody pushes out the kind of updates that Tesla does.

So, in one generation I went from (mostly) completely happy with the features of my car when I purchased it and realizing that if I wanted new features then I would have to purchase a newer one. From there to angry that my 4 year old car is not getting the latest & greatest fancy doodads.

Of course Tesla is going to have to cut off older vehicles at some point. The problem I face now is learning to accept that fact. 😢

Reactions: joe_apxc

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Of course Tesla is going to have to cut off older vehicles at some point. The problem I face now is learning to accept that fact. 😢
As far as i know, Tesla is the only company pushing out full Features as OTA Update for free. And youre right, at some point you need to cut off older hardware. Only bad thing is Musks promises for FSD, which then later required better hardware. But all the other things just come for free. So im still a happy M3 (Atom MCU) owner and probably will be for a long time

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
In Europe, FSD is currently just automatic lane changes on highways. For 7.500€ :D Everything else is in EAP anyways. FSD is just an investment in the unknown future basically. I bought my car second hand, the FSD Package was already on it (lucky me i guess, because the price of the car did not show that or calculated that in). So i just wait for FSD to release in Europe now :D
"Investment" would be true if purchasing it now would be shielding from increases along the way. But until recently only reductions of the real FSD have been experienced, so in Europe I suppose the price will remain the same also when FSD will be introduced. And since you can purchase it anytime...

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
By the way, 2024.14 did still not make its way to my car, also on this page it seems the rollout is, again, going very slow. Did they find more bugs? Im hyped for this update since a while now :LOL:

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
You tell me... I basically suggested the trunk opening update and not only my wife would only benefit of it (every time I try to switch to iphone I regret it), I haven't received it either

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Got the 2024.14 update today, but somehow i did not receive the visualization update, only media Player and Trip Progress Bar. Fullscreen vis. is still not available for Atom Vehicles it seems. Will wait for it, just wanted to update you guys on that.
Edit: Ah, i just read the update you posted @notateslaapp where its stated that full screen visuals are still not gonna be available outside US and Canada. So everything seems right

Last edited: