Discuss: Tesla FSD Beta v11.3 Improvements Explained in Plain English

dbld1985

Feb 22, 2023
I apologize if there is an obvious answer, tesla noob here. Will these updates improve all Teslas or those using the Full Self-Driving software? It seems like there is a lot of stuff that improves the autopilot experience in general that would be nice to get upgraded.

teslascoot

Feb 22, 2023
Nice article. One correction though, the "vector lanes" they are referring to are not the actual type of lane "next to a highway." They are talking about the vector-space drawn lanes derived from the autoregressive decoder NN. As you explained previously :)

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I apologize if there is an obvious answer, tesla noob here. Will these updates improve all Teslas or those using the Full Self-Driving software? It seems like there is a lot of stuff that improves the autopilot experience in general that would be nice to get upgraded.
There is a trickle down (for lack of a better term), for example- in this article's linked video the poster says some new safety features will be on all cars with the newer hardware (so like 2017s at the earliest?). I would expect all safety stuff will go to all cars that are capable.

GargantulaKon

Sep 10, 2022
Hopefully this finally fixes the issue where if you set the car to say 65 mph on the highway but you're in stop and go traffic, the car accelerates too fast and breaks too hard when cars creep at 0-10 mph. It makes me look like a terrible driver. My work around is to set the speed to about 20 mph and that eases the acceleration at least.

Reactions: Cob37Jam