Discuss: Tesla Finally Introduces a True Blind Spot Indicator in the New Model 3 [Video]

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Seems very un-Tesla like, but okay. I agree with the idea that not having one on the passenger side is also strange. I guess if the idea is that you won't have side mirrors at some point those lights on the inside would make sense. We have trained ourselves to look up to the rear view mirror to see behind us which is not really natural so maybe eliminating side mirrors and using video feeds on the screen could be replace them and those red dots could be indicators in our peripheral vision that cars are there. I dunno. With properly adjusted mirrors you really don't need any blind spot warning, but you do need to look next to you as well as in the mirror. At least in cars. People with mobility issues or trucks may need this more than I do.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Wrong or right, I've been relying somewhat on the car to let me know if there is a car in the lane I'm trying to merge into. Now, I do still look to double check but it's a lazy look and not a full on 2 second stare. 🤷‍♂️