Discuss: Tesla expected to add HD radar to vehicles next month

Rhdubs

Dec 8, 2022
So what about customers who purchased a 2023 Model 3 without the sensors? Can they add this feature? I’m so pissed about this! First the $3,750 and now this? Not impressed with Tesla so far and I’m only 3 weeks into ownership!!

GargantulaKon

Sep 10, 2022
So what about customers who purchased a 2023 Model 3 without the sensors? Can they add this feature? I’m so pissed about this! First the $3,750 and now this? Not impressed with Tesla so far and I’m only 3 weeks into ownership!!
If you bought FSD, I'm pretty sure they'll add it to your car. That happened in the past.

By the way, welcome to Tesla ownership where it's a rollercoaster ride in terms of updates. I have a 2019 so I lack the bigger battery, heat pump, heated steering wheel, powered trunk, black trim, wireless charger, better side cameras, external speaker, wiper heater on windshield, etc. that Tesla added later. I do have the powered passenger lumbar support, radar and ultrasonic sensors that were removed at least. So that should make you feel better. I would love the heated steering wheel.

Last edited:

Fluffynl

Sep 19, 2022
I have the radar in my 2021 Model Y. If I am reading this right they are talking about a new radar sensor (HD). So probably my current radar will not be activated again since it’s too low res.
I hope it will because the distance of the adaptive cruise control is way to big for normal traffic.

Rhdubs

Dec 8, 2022
If you bought FSD, I'm pretty sure they'll add it to your car. That happened in the past.

By the way, welcome to Tesla ownership where it's a rollercoaster ride in terms of updates. I have a 2019 so I lack the bigger battery, heat pump, heated steering wheel, powered trunk, black trim, wireless charger, better side cameras, external speaker, wiper heater on windshield, etc. that Tesla added later. I do have the powered passenger lumbar support, radar and ultrasonic sensors that were removed at least. So that should make you feel better. I would love the heated steering wheel.
I get the whole thing about year on year new models come out with features not included in the year before. But not on the same year you purchase. Also, I ordered a 2022 and they sent me a 2023 (not my request). Really disappointing!