Always good to see improvement. Where is a good place to provide Tesla input/feedback on specific features they are working on?
TLDR: Scheduling hours/days *when* Sentry is active and possibly Camera Selection for ability to just monitor specific cameras would be a significant help & improvement.
I am a Tesla Owner/Sentry Mode user (that can not park inside a single family home garage) who wants settings based on...
... so that I can improve Security & Protection of my car while managing battery drain.
- Contextual Enablement:
- Sentry Mode is [ OFF | ON | Advanced ]
- or car at a specific Location — adjust *where* Sentry is active (Anywhere; Not? Home/Work Checkbox; Advanced: Add Other GPS Locations
- or during a specific Scheduled Time — adjust *when* Sentry is active (Start Time; End Time; Days of Week Checkbox
- or another Scenario — activate based on other setting (e.g. Car Window Vented/Down; Dark area based on Brightness Sensor
- Recording Activation Triggers:
- Camera Motion — (All ?; None?; Some Areas?; TBD New Functionality Coming in 2022.44.2; curious how much this will reduce drain?)
- Entry — (Doors / Hatches Open?; None?)
- Proximity — (All?; None?; Some Sensitivity?; especially for Premium Cars that retain prox sensors)
- Impact — (Always On?; Sensitivity?)
- Sound — (Internal Mic from Broken Glass / Window Break?; More Sensitive for Quiet Parking Locations?)
- Recording Settings:
- Camera Selection — Adjust which Cameras will be Monitored & Recorded (Checkbox for Each with a Max # Selected
- Clip Length — (New Functionality Coming in 2022.44.2; Although I experience less of a need for longer/shorter clips rather would like to see better clip review so that video starts auto playing at relevant triggering event time. I often have to fast-forward and scrub to see anything relevant.)
- Alert Notification:
- Mobile Notification — How can we receive notifications to our mobile app of "light" Sentry Activity? Can I be alerted of a Sentry mode event not full intrusion?
- Alarm/Siren Deterrent Sound — This seems limited today or I just haven't had significant enough event but if someone keeps messing with the car does an audible alarm go off? How long? What does it sound like? Obviously plenty of fun Toybox things could go here based on Proximity alert vs. Impact break in. Is there an annoying sound that could be played inside the car or recording that tells them they are being recorded.
I've noticed a significant increase in Sentry battery drain with latest updates. For someone that doesn't commute daily but has their car in a public parking area with no ability to leave plugged in. It's an important feature. Right now Sentry accounts for about 25% of my battery drain/charging requirements. Being able to adjust settings would be a huge improvement.
All this would mean less Phantom Drain and not have to use electricity/charge as often. Primary threat is really in the middle of the night (but this could be a different times for others). And I get a lot of cars/people going behind the vehicle but if someone comes beside the car it is more suspicious. Or like the careless person parked next that keeps swinging their door open into the side of my brand new Tesla denting and scratching it.
A different follow up conversation might be the Clip Review and how Dashcam is similarly managed. With ability to flag/star clips from Sentry or Dashcam after review so they are not deleted when storage starts to fill up.