Discuss: Should Tesla Have Prioritized Its Next-Gen Vehicle 'Redwood' Over the Cybertruck?

e-frosch

Sep 14, 2022
Definitely would have been a better decision to get a Model 2 (next generation, $25k) on the road sooner instead of spending so much time and money developing the CT. Tesla would have become the largest manufacturer of electric cars in the world. Now they are trailing BYD and other, mostly Chinese, manufacturers by numbers.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Yeah, from the outside it feels like the Model 2 is more important than the CT to the world, Tesla, etc. Hopefully we’ll see it before the roadster v2 :) . Then again, that’s from the outside looking in. Perhaps all the work on the CT will inform the model 2 production.

Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I think the CT was a test-bed for the future Tesla platform. 48v architecture, front bumper camera, etc. are all things that will be included in future Tesla cars. These things are probably expensive to develop so they need to introduce them on an expensive car.

NOTE: I'm not an automobile manufacturer and I have no idea what I'm talking about. :LOL:

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard