Discuss: Owner Finds Tesla Is Already Using Vision to Replace Ultrasonic Sensors

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Huh. I’d like to see reports from more drivers seeing this.

I’m still perplexed as to how the removal of USS happened before the ’Tesla Vision’ replacement. Such is software development I guess :) .

ccesarcaio

Jan 30, 2023
I can confirm this. Running 2022.44 and sometimes when garage is opening and I accelerate before the door fully opens up, I see a ghost distance reading on my "front bumper". It seems that the front camera detects the door opening as a ovstace on the front, but when it fully opens it goes away.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Insane1970

Feb 3, 2023
I can confirm this. Running 2022.44 and sometimes when garage is opening and I accelerate before the door fully opens up, I see a ghost distance reading on my "front bumper". It seems that the front camera detects the door opening as a ovstace on the front, but when it fully opens it goes away.
Do you have uss?

ccesarcaio

Jan 30, 2023
Do you have uss?
Yes. And the "testing" that thay are doing seems to be getting more agressive on newer versions. I have been getting a lot of ghost readings latelly, and they are very random. Sometimes I am in a traffic jam pretty far from the vehicle in the front/back, far enough that the USS can't read anything. Then all of the nothing I get a ghost notification asking me to stop because I am too close to the vechiles (event the stop writing appears on screen), and then it goes away. Tesla Vision is definetly not ready to be deployed as of now.

Insane1970

Feb 3, 2023
I think you are making confusion: the alert you are seeing are not related to vision in replace of uss but as normal security alert.

ccesarcaio

Jan 30, 2023
I think you are making confusion: the alert you are seeing are not related to vision in replace of uss but as normal security alert.
I would agree with you, but these occasions are frequent when traffic is completely stopped. This did not happen before, but are becoming more common now. It is not the classic collision alert, but rather the same one that you see when you are too close to a obstacle when parking.

Insane1970

Feb 3, 2023
I would agree with you, but these occasions are frequent when traffic is completely stopped. This did not happen before, but are becoming more common now. It is not the classic collision alert, but rather the same one that you see when you are too close to an obstacle when parking.
Ok :)

Hope you are right because I’m delivering my first Tesla MYP next week and I’m really disappointed about missing uss

ccesarcaio

Jan 30, 2023
Ok :)

Hope you are right because I’m delivering my first Tesla MYP next week and I’m really disappointed about missing uss
Hope you enjoy the MYP, I will try to record the one with the garage happening, as this is very easy to reproduce, and post here.

mvlaun

Jan 30, 2023
Yeah, I'm seeing that too. I can't wait for it to actually start working correctly. I park in a tight garage at work, and I'm not interesting in measurement by contact!