@remixguys This is exactly what I mean by going off on tangents and arguing points nobody made, so let’s keep it tight and factual.
1) “Every car would be hard to open if T-boned by a train.”
Sure. If you bring up an extreme crash where the structure is mangled,
any door can jam. That’s not controversial.
But that’s
not the failure mode being discussed. The issue is when the latch/handles rely on power and the backup/manual release is
hidden / not obvious / not labeled. That’s a
discoverability problem, not “metal got bent.”
2) “My back door works fine / people opened it without instructions.”
On a normal day, with no smoke, no panic, no darkness, no injuries… great. That proves the door opens in normal conditions.
It doesn’t prove anything about
emergency egress when power is lost and people are operating on adrenaline and seconds matter.
3) “Tesla is redesigning because of lawsuits / every car has recalls and redesigns.”
Cool — and I’m not saying Tesla is unique in redesigning stuff.
But saying “everyone redesigns” doesn’t answer the point:
a redesign for future cars doesn’t help the millions already on the road. If the current design has a safety/usability issue, it’s reasonable to talk about what can be improved
now (labeling, standardized access, etc.).
4) “Saying you’ll absolutely get trapped is not true.”
Agreed — and I never said “absolutely.” That’s your wording, not mine.
The claim is much simpler:
in certain scenarios (power loss / panic / smoke / confusion), the current setup increases the chance of delayed exit. That’s the entire reason this topic exists.
5) “NHTSA has to investigate / they didn’t order Tesla to fix it.”
Right. An investigation isn’t a conclusion.
But an investigation also isn’t meaningless — it means there’s enough smoke to warrant looking at whether the design meets safety expectations. Saying “they haven’t ordered a fix yet” doesn’t magically make the concern invalid.
6) “I’m sure all other cars are perfect and Tesla is the only flawed one… ya ok.”
Again — nobody said other cars are “perfect.”
The point is that many vehicles have
very obvious, standardized, mechanical egress cues that don’t require someone to remember a hidden procedure. Tesla can keep sleek handles and still make the emergency path clearer (marking/labeling/consistent placement).
7) “Teslas aren’t the right car for you.”
Wanting a clearly marked emergency release isn’t “Tesla hate.” It’s a basic safety expectation. This isn’t a personality problem — it’s a design discussion. That line is just dismissive.
8) “I wait for FACTS / don’t jump to conclusions.”
Same. Waiting for final results is fine.
But you’re acting like you can’t criticize obvious usability risks until a final ruling drops, which makes no sense. You can say “let’s wait for conclusions”
and still admit “hidden/unlabeled emergency release access is not ideal.”
9) “It’s foolish to say Tesla design was the sole reason for deaths.”
Correct — and I’m not claiming “sole reason.” Real incidents are multifactor.
But if a design
can delay egress, that can absolutely be a contributing factor worth fixing. Calling it “sole cause” is another straw man.
10) “This point is mute because Tesla is redesigning before NHTSA findings.”
First, it’s
moot, not mute.
Second, it’s not moot at all. A redesign is about
future cars unless they do something for the existing fleet. And redesigning early doesn’t prove the current design is fine — it just means they’re reacting (good).
Now your second post:
11) “I didn’t design it / I didn’t see lawsuit findings / I didn’t see NHTSA results.”
Nobody said you designed anything. The discussion is about the product design, not you personally.
Also, “I haven’t seen the results” doesn’t automatically make the criticism invalid — it just means you personally aren’t comfortable concluding anything yet. Fine. But then don’t tell everyone else they’re crazy for discussing it.
12) “Why are Teslas the only car fire victims?”
They’re not. That’s a false premise. Tesla just has massive volume + massive spotlight, so incidents get amplified.
Again: nobody said “only Tesla burns.” This is about
escape usability, not claiming Tesla is the only car that ever had a bad outcome.
13) “For 2 decades, Tesla handles were flawed… no other EVs…”
Nobody claimed, “no other EV ever had an issue.” You keep turning “this design has a weakness” into “Tesla is uniquely evil,” and that’s not what’s being said.
14) “That’s why sales are down because of handles… SAFETY WTF… name another car safer…”
I never said sales are down because of handles. That’s you inventing an argument to rant at.
And Tesla can be excellent in crash safety
overall while still having a bad/unclear emergency egress UX in specific cases. Those aren’t mutually exclusive.
15) “You didn’t read manuals / do research.”
Even if every owner reads the manual, passengers and kids don’t. Emergency egress shouldn’t depend on “did you study the manual” — the design should be
obvious under stress.
16) “Robotaxi is fine, but handles decide factor… stop bringing up moot points… BOOOM.”
None of that addresses the actual topic. It’s just noise and personal attacks.
Bottom line: I’m not saying Tesla is the only company with issues. I’m not saying every Tesla traps people. I’m saying
hidden/unlabeled emergency releases + power-dependent exterior operation is a legitimate safety/usability concern, especially in panic conditions.
If Tesla is redesigning, great — but that doesn’t make the discussion pointless. It makes it
more relevant: what’s being done for the cars already out there, and why isn’t the emergency path clearly marked?
Side note: I’m a first-time Tesla owner, but I didn’t buy this blindly. I’ve followed Tesla for years, I read the manual when I got my 2024 Model 3, and I’ve even done basic maintenance using Tesla’s own guides. So this isn’t coming from ignorance or “didn’t do research.”
And honestly, if
any car (or plane/bus/boat) had an emergency exit method that was
unlabeled, hidden, or dependent on power, people would criticize it — because that’s a reasonable safety expectation.
A safety backup that people can’t reliably find under stress isn’t a great backup.