Discuss: New Tesla Cybertruck Details Suggest Price, Ventilated Seats, and Lack of Exoskeleton

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I didn't see much on price other than Elon's comment on Ford's EV Truck. Is that an ET? Electric Truck? Were there any comments on steer by wire? I'm guessing not given the speculation of no RHD variant initially. The missing mid-gate is a bit disappointing, but the exoskeleton is no big deal I'm guessing. When it was announced all I could think was - any collision would = frame damage, and what body shop would be able to work on it? I am ignorant in these areas so those concerns may not be relevant. Good to see these tidbits collected in one place. I have a CT reservation but at this point life has changed enough that it is probably not a real option by the time I can order one. TBH I put the $100 down more as a 'yes Tesla, make this truck' message. It looks crazy at the beginning of the reveal, but by the end every other truck looked 100 years old to me.

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I didn't see much on price other than Elon's comment on Ford's EV Truck. Is that an ET? Electric Truck? Were there any comments on steer by wire? I'm guessing not given the speculation of no RHD variant initially. The missing mid-gate is a bit disappointing, but the exoskeleton is no big deal I'm guessing. When it was announced all I could think was - any collision would = frame damage, and what body shop would be able to work on it? I am ignorant in these areas so those concerns may not be relevant. Good to see these tidbits collected in one place. I have a CT reservation but at this point life has changed enough that it is probably not a real option by the time I can order one. TBH I put the $100 down more as a 'yes Tesla, make this truck' message. It looks crazy at the beginning of the reveal, but by the end every other truck looked 100 years old to me.

Yeah, the F150 Lightning is Ford's electric truck. Elon's comment is likely a strong indicator of how Tesla plans to price an equivalent Cybertruck. Deliveries are likely only a few months ago, so we will hopefully find out more tidbits leading up to the first deliveries.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
One of the big problems that Ford is dealing with is dealer gouging; and it's not just their EV line. My son just purchased a Ford Maverick truck and "only" had to pay $3,000 over sticker to get it. Some F-150 Lightning trucks are seeing $10-20k worth of "dealer fees" tacked on to the price of the vehicle.

Meanwhile over at Tesla you can purchase your new (or used) car using your phone. You know the final price up front. There is no haggling with the dealer about paint protection, or floor mats, or any other sort of "add-on" that dealers use to jack up the price.

In my mind, the current automakers/dealers are in real trouble. The next generation uses their phones for everything and if you don't think they will use it to research and purchase cars you're greatly mistaken. Right now, Tesla is the only manufacture that is set up for this future (I think). Can you purchase a Volvo, VW, Porsche, or Ford from your phone?