Discuss: Germany Confirms December EU Vote on Tesla FSD Approval

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,457
408
83
  • Like
Reactions: joe_apxc

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
765
755
93
I'm glad that the EU agrees with many of the same complaints that US users have had ever since the speed profiles were introduced. The car tends to speed WAY too often, get speed limits wrong more often than it should, and the speed profiles give no "happy medium".
 
  • Like
Reactions: joe_apxc

Bjarkeh

Member
Sep 20, 2024
31
32
18
There are no speed profiles to choose from in the EU version of FSD, and in general it isn’t keen on driving too fast In most situations, it drives below the speed limit, even though it is set to +5% above the speed limit.

A specific example from this week: it’s set to +5% (115 km/h) and was catching up with a car travelling at around 100 km/h on an almost empty four-lane highway. Here, it simply slowed down to 100 and stayed behind the other car.

I’ve driven nearly 4,000 km(2500mil) with it active during the two trial periods I’ve had, and I’ve experienced this quite a few times.

My trial period ends on Saturday, and I’m not going to pay for it.
For the most part, I think they’ve put together a good system, but it’s too expensive imo

I hope there’ll be some competition in that market to drive prices down :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: joe_apxc

joe_apxc

Well-known member
Feb 20, 2024
276
252
63
I really wish they would have some solution for HW3 in the EU before this big vote in December. But i am very certain that we will not feel love when FSD gets approved EU-wide and you're sitting there with your HW3 car, missing out on the fun despite having the full FSD Package on the car :D Those who believed too soon get to wait even longer
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
811
94
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
Nothing wrong with waiting if it produces a better product. They place safety on a higher priority than North America. Different laws for different geographic locations is there for a reason.

Delaying the inevitable is just reluctance for anything new. Governments have always been slow to change.