Discuss: First Look at Tesla's FSD v14.2.2.3

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,431
406
83
Tesla FSD v14.2.2.3 brings undocumented but critical refinements, mastering parking garages and canyon roads with human-like precision.… Read More
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
Haven’t noticed much yet, still pretty stupid routing. Parked a few times like it knew what it was doing.
What in the speed profiles specifically are you interested in? I think standard hasn’t changed and that’s where I live most of the time.
I did notice the car selected the proper lane twice where it didn’t before. Some 4 way stop signs in neighborhoods where there are 2 lanes- one is left turn or straight and the other is dedicated right turn only. The route was straight ahead at both and it picked the correct lanes today. In the past it would get in the right turn lane and actually turn right.
One thing happened today that was BAD- made a right turn from e/b to s/b and the sun was hitting the tar snakes on the road in such a way that I turned right into the n/b left turn lane. That’s my best guess- those lines threw off the car’s understanding of where the lanes were.
Other than that- smooth lane changes, smooth going around stopped UPS truck, all the other normal stuff.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
all waiting for 14.3 version---the real improvements await us, hopefully banish and summon are enhanced ready for deployment.
We are all waiting for 14.3, but I would rather them take their time and get it right, than to rush it and disappoint everyone or introduce a worse experience. Agreed on summon and banish, though. Hopefully, at least summon gets a MUCH needed update, even if banish isn't released.
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
768
92
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
We are all waiting for 14.3, but I would rather them take their time and get it right, than to rush it and disappoint everyone or introduce a worse experience. Agreed on summon and banish, though. Hopefully, at least summon gets a MUCH needed update, even if banish isn't released.
I'M told the UFSD won't even be fully ready til at least 2027-28 and will only function in HW5 vehicles.

So, hw3's are completely out and Hw4 will be phased out like hw3's.

Long story short, by the time UFSD is deployed to the masses, you will need to own a HW5 vehicle and by that time, there will lots of competition that has BETTER version of FSD for cheaper or FREE.

It's not about who gets their first, it all comes down to price and features. Soon, everyone will have their own twist on FSD and it will be the norm. No one will say, it has to be Tesla FSD when renting or buying/leasing. Uber/Lyft/waymo and all the others who jump on board, will have their version of FSD.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
I'M told the UFSD won't even be fully ready til at least 2027-28 and will only function in HW5 vehicles.

So, hw3's are completely out and Hw4 will be phased out like hw3's.

Long story short, by the time UFSD is deployed to the masses, you will need to own a HW5 vehicle and by that time, there will lots of competition that has BETTER version of FSD for cheaper or FREE.

It's not about who gets their first, it all comes down to price and features. Soon, everyone will have their own twist on FSD and it will be the norm. No one will say, it has to be Tesla FSD when renting or buying/leasing. Uber/Lyft/waymo and all the others who jump on board, will have their version of FSD.
I severely doubt that Tesla is going to wait until 2027 to make their Robotaxis completely driverless, because that would simply be bad for business and their stock. Anyone "telling" you that they know it will be ready in 2027-28 is likely speculating. A HW4 vehicle will certainly be capable of some form of unsupervised FSD, and the main question are, will it be limited to highway only? Will it be only in cities where Robotaxi is and will be available? Will it be exclusive to cars with front bumper cameras? Etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
I'M told the UFSD won't even be fully ready til at least 2027-28 and will only function in HW5 vehicles.

So, hw3's are completely out and Hw4 will be phased out like hw3's.

Long story short, by the time UFSD is deployed to the masses, you will need to own a HW5 vehicle and by that time, there will lots of competition that has BETTER version of FSD for cheaper or FREE.

It's not about who gets their first, it all comes down to price and features. Soon, everyone will have their own twist on FSD and it will be the norm. No one will say, it has to be Tesla FSD when renting or buying/leasing. Uber/Lyft/waymo and all the others who jump on board, will have their version of FSD.
Who is telling you this?
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
768
92
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
i said UFSD will only
I severely doubt that Tesla is going to wait until 2027 to make their Robotaxis completely driverless, because that would simply be bad for business and their stock. Anyone "telling" you that they know it will be ready in 2027-28 is likely speculating. A HW4 vehicle will certainly be capable of some form of unsupervised FSD, and the main question are, will it be limited to highway only? Will it be only in cities where Robotaxi is and will be available? Will it be exclusive to cars with front bumper cameras? Etc.
i said, UFSD will only work in hw5 cars, which will not be available for purchase in 2027/28-having it available in test cars in LIMITED markets doesnt really do much for a person living outside the test zone.

In addition, the cars are not even built for mass deployment & theres a design change, pending lawsuits,NHTSA investigations, laws and regulation to be written and approved, No induction charging stations built yet, No cleaning stations built yet, mass licensing to get approved, and they have yet to perfect UFSD-tons of bugs.........but U believe someone how Tesla can have all this ready for world wide deployment in 2026.............lol OK., cause U know the courts/govenerment and Tesla all move super fast.........LOL.

IN REALITY-THE REST OF THE PLANET-2028 HW5 PURCHASED vehicles might be ready with all those things I mentioned in place......maybe.
 

moortime

Member
Aug 14, 2023
80
58
18
Eastham Massachusetts
all waiting for 14.3 version---the real improvements await us, hopefully banish and summon are enhanced ready for deployment.
I hope 14.3 will give us the option to stay in a lane. Maybe ask us in a setting .
This changing lanes every few seconds is frustrating. Driving in Boston changing 3 lanes is abit much.
Jeff
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
i said UFSD will only

i said, UFSD will only work in hw5 cars, which will not be available for purchase in 2027/28-having it available in test cars in LIMITED markets doesnt really do much for a person living outside the test zone.

In addition, the cars are not even built for mass deployment & theres a design change, pending lawsuits,NHTSA investigations, laws and regulation to be written and approved, No induction charging stations built yet, No cleaning stations built yet, mass licensing to get approved, and they have yet to perfect UFSD-tons of bugs.........but U believe someone how Tesla can have all this ready for world wide deployment in 2026.............lol OK., cause U know the courts/govenerment and Tesla all move super fast.........LOL.

IN REALITY-THE REST OF THE PLANET-2028 HW5 PURCHASED vehicles might be ready with all those things I mentioned in place......maybe.
Wow, that is some serious word salad. Honestly, I really don't like your negativity, and downbeat Debbie attitude. I already said my piece, and I won't be engaging with you any further. If you want to have a proper discussion, and be reasonable, I'm open to it discuss, but if you are just going to ignore all previous comments, and the articles themselves, then I'm done. I won't have a repeat of the emergency door release thread, which by the way, we were proven right on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
I hope 14.3 will give us the option to stay in a lane. Maybe ask us in a setting .
This changing lanes every few seconds is frustrating. Driving in Boston changing 3 lanes is abit much.
Jeff
This is why I usually stay in the chill speed profile, but then you have the issue of the car not wanting to speed up appropriately (at least in my case).
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
768
92
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
Wow, that is some serious word salad. Honestly, I really don't like your negativity, and downbeat Debbie attitude. I already said my piece, and I won't be engaging with you any further. If you want to have a proper discussion, and be reasonable, I'm open to it discuss, but if you are just going to ignore all previous comments, and the articles themselves, then I'm done. I won't have a repeat of the emergency door release thread, which by the way, we were proven right on.
dude, go buy fsd now and pay full price and encourage everyone to pay full price now..........in your rose colored world with 2 suns and it never rains.......it's not reality. UFSD purchase now is foolish, just ask anyone who bought it years ago.

FSD will not work fully in hw4 cars, they know that, let alone all the hurdles they have to overcome.........waymo is not in every city around the planet, it still has issues with all those gadgets protruding-STILL CANT GET IT RIGHT,

BUT ya by all means pay full price today.....dont wait for UFSD hw5 vehicles in 2028
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
dude, go buy fsd now and pay full price and encourage everyone to pay full price now..........in your rose colored world with 2 suns and it never rains.......it's not reality. UFSD purchase now is foolish, just ask anyone who bought it years ago.

FSD will not work fully in hw4 cars, they know that, let alone all the hurdles they have to overcome.........waymo is not in every city around the planet, it still has issues with all those gadgets protruding-STILL CANT GET IT RIGHT,

BUT ya by all means pay full price today.....dont wait for UFSD hw5 vehicles in 2028
You’re arguing against a position nobody in this thread has taken.

First, “you MUST buy it now.” No one said that. The article is explicitly about whether buying FSD is a good option for a given person and it weighs pros and cons so people can make their own call. Disagree with the analysis if you want, but stop pretending the thread is issuing marching orders.

Second, invented timeline claims. Nobody here asserted that unsupervised FSD is “ready tomorrow” or guaranteed by 2026, 2027, or 2028. That’s your strawman. What people are pushing back on is the opposite: confident, specific predictions stated like facts, such as “2027–28” and “HW5 only.” Without a credible, checkable source, a precise date plus a hardware gate is speculation, whether it’s optimistic or pessimistic. “I’m told” is not evidence. It’s unverifiable.

Third, define terms before declaring certainty. A lot of this confusion comes from conflating different meanings of “unsupervised.” A geofenced or limited pilot (specific cities, routes, and ODD constraints) is not the same claim as broad consumer availability (general purpose driving across wide geographies and conditions). Those are materially different claims with different gating factors. If you’re going to make a strong claim like “HW5 only,” you need to specify which version you mean and why.

Finally, tone is not an argument. The condescension (“lol,” “LOL OK,” insinuations about “rose-colored world”) does not strengthen your reasoning. It signals you’re substituting attitude for substance. If you want to contribute, do it the adult way: make falsifiable claims, define scope, and support your assertions with something verifiable.

So here are the straightforward questions. What exactly is your claim: a geofenced pilot, or broad consumer release? What is the basis for “2027–28” and “HW5 only” beyond rhetoric?

If you can’t support those with evidence, then you don’t have an argument. You have a guess delivered with extra confidence. You’re free to be skeptical. What you’re not entitled to do is dress up speculation as certainty and then mock others for not accepting it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
768
92
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
the title is fsd 14.2.2.3: the videos of most people saying its great and its almost ready and Tesla THEMSELVES GINVING A timeline FEb 14-2026 before they go subscription only. The question of should I buy now- posted in this very forum and COMMON SENSE.

I CAN DO MY OWN THINKING-I dont have to support every single thought-I merely said there are too many things missing things/not in place/hurdles/bugs THOSE ARE FACTS. i DONT HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL no one can say which month it will be solved........I merely said 2027-28 is my estimate based upon common sense, I never mentioned specifics, I speculated that IN THE FUTURE it will be solved and competition will have their own version of FSD.......common sense.

If hw3 cars dont have enough computational power then they WONT be able to attain UFSD. With all the new changes and features coming out---i doubt HW4 will be the finalized version........THEREFOR, Its reasonable to assume HW5 (which is way larger/faster) should be able to facilitate UFSD----all common sense.

I dont need to have a PHD or be an code guy at Tesla,---I think for myself, open your mind and in creeps wisdom.

I laughed LOL because I find it foolish to buy now, I find it TECHNICALY impossible for Hw3 vehicles and maybe even hw4 vehicles to attain FULL UNSUPERVISED FSD.

A realistic time line FOR UFSD available for purchase with ZERO incidents is my common sense telling me 2027-28. Who knows for sure even God makes mistakes......but I am willing to be I will be correct and my COMMON SENSE did its job.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
the title is fsd 14.2.2.3: the videos of most people saying its great and its almost ready and Tesla THEMSELVES GINVING A timeline FEb 14-2026 before they go subscription only. The question of should I buy now- posted in this very forum and COMMON SENSE.

I CAN DO MY OWN THINKING-I dont have to support every single thought-I merely said there are too many things missing things/not in place/hurdles/bugs THOSE ARE FACTS. i DONT HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL no one can say which month it will be solved........I merely said 2027-28 is my estimate based upon common sense, I never mentioned specifics, I speculated that IN THE FUTURE it will be solved and competition will have their own version of FSD.......common sense.

If hw3 cars dont have enough computational power then they WONT be able to attain UFSD. With all the new changes and features coming out---i doubt HW4 will be the finalized version........THEREFOR, Its reasonable to assume HW5 (which is way larger/faster) should be able to facilitate UFSD----all common sense.

I dont need to have a PHD or be an code guy at Tesla,---I think for myself, open your mind and in creeps wisdom.

I laughed LOL because I find it foolish to buy now, I find it TECHNICALY impossible for Hw3 vehicles and maybe even hw4 vehicles to attain FULL UNSUPERVISED FSD.

A realistic time line FOR UFSD available for purchase with ZERO incidents is my common sense telling me 2027-28. Who knows for sure even God makes mistakes......but I am willing to be I will be correct and my COMMON SENSE did its job.
You wrote: “Tesla THEMSELVES GINVING A timeline FEb 14-2026 before they go subscription only.”

A pricing or packaging change date is not a “timeline” for unsupervised autonomy readiness. A deadline for purchase options says nothing about when UFSD is achieved, where it is allowed, what safety target it meets, or what hardware it requires. You are implying a connection you have not established.

You also wrote: “I CAN DO MY OWN THINKING-I dont have to support every single thought” and “THOSE ARE FACTS.”

No one is saying you cannot think. The issue is that you are presenting conclusions as if they are grounded, while refusing to justify them. If you want your claims treated as more than opinion, you do have to support them. Otherwise, they are exactly what you later admit they are: estimates and speculation.

You wrote: “I merely said 2027-28 is my estimate” and “I never mentioned specifics.”

But “2027-28” is a specific range, and “UFSD will only work in hw5 cars” is a specific hardware gate. You cannot simultaneously claim you did not mention specifics while stating a year range and a hardware requirement.

You wrote: “With all the new changes and features coming out… i doubt HW4 will be the finalized version… THEREFOR, Its reasonable to assume HW5… should be able to facilitate UFSD… all common sense.”

That is not a logical chain. “HW4 may not be final” does not prove “HW4 cannot do UFSD.” It simply suggests future hardware will be better. That is true of literally every product cycle. “Common sense” is not evidence for “HW5 only.”

You wrote: “I find it TECHNICALY impossible for Hw3 vehicles and maybe even hw4 vehicles to attain FULL UNSUPERVISED FSD.”

“Technically impossible” is a strong claim, and you have not supported it. Also, you keep sliding between different definitions without acknowledging it. “FULL UNSUPERVISED” could mean a geofenced pilot in limited markets, or it could mean broad consumer availability across wide geographies with “ZERO incidents.” Those are not the same claim, and the constraints are completely different. Pick one and argue it precisely.

You also wrote: “I laughed LOL because I find it foolish to buy now.”

The “LOL” and mockery do not add substance. If your actual position is simply “buying now is a bad value proposition,” then argue value. Say “subscription-only makes purchasing risky” or “competition will improve price pressure.” That is a reasonable opinion. What is not reasonable is pretending nobody can question your claims while you assert things like “UFSD will only work in hw5 cars” and “2027-28” as if they are grounded in more than vibes.

So I will ask again, in plain terms.

  1. When you say “FULL UNSUPERVISED,” do you mean a limited pilot in a few markets, or broad consumer availability?
  2. What is the basis for “UFSD will only work in hw5 cars,” beyond “common sense”?
  3. If you cannot substantiate those, will you at least label them clearly as opinion instead of “facts”?
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
768
92
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
You wrote: “Tesla THEMSELVES GINVING A timeline FEb 14-2026 before they go subscription only.”

A pricing or packaging change date is not a “timeline” for unsupervised autonomy readiness. A deadline for purchase options says nothing about when UFSD is achieved, where it is allowed, what safety target it meets, or what hardware it requires. You are implying a connection you have not established.

You also wrote: “I CAN DO MY OWN THINKING-I dont have to support every single thought” and “THOSE ARE FACTS.”

No one is saying you cannot think. The issue is that you are presenting conclusions as if they are grounded, while refusing to justify them. If you want your claims treated as more than opinion, you do have to support them. Otherwise, they are exactly what you later admit they are: estimates and speculation.

You wrote: “I merely said 2027-28 is my estimate” and “I never mentioned specifics.”

But “2027-28” is a specific range, and “UFSD will only work in hw5 cars” is a specific hardware gate. You cannot simultaneously claim you did not mention specifics while stating a year range and a hardware requirement.

You wrote: “With all the new changes and features coming out… i doubt HW4 will be the finalized version… THEREFOR, Its reasonable to assume HW5… should be able to facilitate UFSD… all common sense.”

That is not a logical chain. “HW4 may not be final” does not prove “HW4 cannot do UFSD.” It simply suggests future hardware will be better. That is true of literally every product cycle. “Common sense” is not evidence for “HW5 only.”

You wrote: “I find it TECHNICALY impossible for Hw3 vehicles and maybe even hw4 vehicles to attain FULL UNSUPERVISED FSD.”

“Technically impossible” is a strong claim, and you have not supported it. Also, you keep sliding between different definitions without acknowledging it. “FULL UNSUPERVISED” could mean a geofenced pilot in limited markets, or it could mean broad consumer availability across wide geographies with “ZERO incidents.” Those are not the same claim, and the constraints are completely different. Pick one and argue it precisely.

You also wrote: “I laughed LOL because I find it foolish to buy now.”

The “LOL” and mockery do not add substance. If your actual position is simply “buying now is a bad value proposition,” then argue value. Say “subscription-only makes purchasing risky” or “competition will improve price pressure.” That is a reasonable opinion. What is not reasonable is pretending nobody can question your claims while you assert things like “UFSD will only work in hw5 cars” and “2027-28” as if they are grounded in more than vibes.

So I will ask again, in plain terms.

  1. When you say “FULL UNSUPERVISED,” do you mean a limited pilot in a few markets, or broad consumer availability?
  2. What is the basis for “UFSD will only work in hw5 cars,” beyond “common sense”?
  3. If you cannot substantiate those, will you at least label them clearly as opinion instead of “facts”?
LOL-U just like to argue "RANGE" is not specific, HW5 CARS ONLY AND NOT TIL 2027-28 mark my words and I am RARELY WRONG. IN FACT, I AM WILLING TO BET U I WILL BE RIGHT-NO HW4, HW3 IN ANY fsd CONGIGURATION will support UFSD.


WITH ALL YOUR "TECHNO BABBLE"----lets see who will be correct.........IF UNSUPERVISED ARRIVES IN A PURCHASABLE VEHICLE-thats a car people can buy where U can sit in the back seat and sleep in 2026----I will be wrong.

COMMON SENSE tells me I will be right..............but go buy a used 2016 legend vehicle with fsd and watch some Elon videos, hang on his every word, Dont think for yourself, just gather a bunch of random so called facts, follow the simpletons that cant wait to hand over the cash for......Cyber cab or the Robot right now. Ya, the robot is so ready. what could go wrong.......LOL.

All I see is wasted intellect with zero common sense. Sorta like todays youth only without a cellphone, completely out of touch with reality. 2027-28 WAIT for it.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
LOL-U just like to argue "RANGE" is not specific, HW5 CARS ONLY AND NOT TIL 2027-28 mark my words and I am RARELY WRONG. IN FACT, I AM WILLING TO BET U I WILL BE RIGHT-NO HW4, HW3 IN ANY fsd CONGIGURATION will support UFSD.


WITH ALL YOUR "TECHNO BABBLE"----lets see who will be correct.........IF UNSUPERVISED ARRIVES IN A PURCHASABLE VEHICLE-thats a car people can buy where U can sit in the back seat and sleep in 2026----I will be wrong.

COMMON SENSE tells me I will be right..............but go buy a used 2016 legend vehicle with fsd and watch some Elon videos, hang on his every word, Dont think for yourself, just gather a bunch of random so called facts, follow the simpletons that cant wait to hand over the cash for......Cyber cab or the Robot right now. Ya, the robot is so ready. what could go wrong.......LOL.

All I see is wasted intellect with zero common sense. Sorta like todays youth only without a cellphone, completely out of touch with reality. 2027-28 WAIT for it.
Thanks for finally pinning down what you mean by “unsupervised,” but your post #19 basically confirms the core issue: you are presenting hard conclusions while refusing to provide anything beyond “common sense,” and you are padding that with insults.

Let’s separate the discussion into two parts, because you keep blending them.
  1. Value opinion versus technical claim
    If your argument is simply “buying FSD now is a bad value proposition,” that is a valid opinion. You can argue price risk, subscription changes, opportunity cost, and competition. Reasonable people can disagree on that.
But that is not what you originally asserted. You asserted a technical and hardware-gated conclusion: “UFSD will only work in HW5 cars” and “not til 2027–28.” Those are not “vibes.” Those are specific claims about capability, requirements, and timing. In #19, you still do not support them with any constraint, benchmark, engineering limitation, or credible sourcing. You just repeat “common sense” and “mark my words.”
  1. Your “definition” is a moving target
    In #19 you propose this test: if unsupervised arrives in a purchasable vehicle in 2026 where someone can sit in the back seat and sleep, then you will be wrong.
That is not actually engaging the question at hand. It is a conveniently extreme bar on an arbitrarily early date. It also quietly smuggles in a “zero incidents” standard and a very specific operational scenario, which is not how autonomy is typically defined, validated, or deployed. Real systems are constrained by ODD, geography, weather, policy, and safety targets expressed as rates, not “ZERO incidents” absolutes.

So even now, your position reduces to: “I believe it will be later and on newer hardware because future hardware is better.” That is true of every product cycle and proves nothing about what HW4 can or cannot do.
  1. The logic problem you still have not solved
    Your chain is: HW4 may not be final, therefore HW5-only.
    That is a nonlogical conclusion.
Future hardware being “way larger/faster” does not imply current hardware is incapable of any unsupervised deployment. It only implies there may be better headroom for broader ODD, more redundancy, more margin, or lower cost per inference. Those are plausibly reasons Tesla might prefer HW5. They are not proof that HW4 cannot do anything meaningful.

If you believe “no HW4 configuration will support UFSD,” then the burden is on you to name the limiting factor. Is it compute throughput, memory, sensor suite, redundancy, thermals, latency, power budget, fail-operational requirements, regulator-driven constraints, or something else? You have not identified one.
  1. The tone is the tell
    The personal attacks (“techno babble,” “simpletons,” “wasted intellect,” etc.) are not arguments. They are what people reach for when they cannot defend a claim on the merits. If you want your predictions treated as more than opinion, you have to do more than declare yourself “rarely wrong.”
At this point, your position is clear: you believe people should not buy FSD now, and you guess 2027–28 with HW5 for broad purchasable unsupervised. That is fine as a personal estimate. What is not fine is presenting it as a foregone technical conclusion while dismissing reasonable questions as “arguing” and filling the gaps with mockery.

I’ve made my point, and I’m not going to keep feeding this. Anyone reading can decide which is more credible: specific claims backed by reasoning, definitions, and constraints, or “common sense” plus insults and a bet.
 
Last edited: