Discuss: A Sneak Peek at Tesla’s Holiday Update; to Include Improvements to Nav and Music

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
While some additions may be good (especially the navigation imprpvements) where are the auto wipers that actually work, the 360 camera, the ability to preheat when you want to charge elsewhere than at a supercharger, the shuffle mode in Tidal, the base autopilot that drives better than a 3year old blind child, Tesla vision that stops screaming at me everytime I change lane on the motorway thinking I'm leaving the road !
In my opinion that's where they should put their ressources, not on the light show nor on the rainbow thingy
This update really pisses me off cause I've taken delivery of my car in March and in some aspects the car is worse now than it used to be...

Reactions: no2pencel

no2pencel

Nov 16, 2022
Edmond, OK
While some additions may be good (especially the navigation imprpvements) where are the auto wipers that actually work, the 360 camera, the ability to preheat when you want to charge elsewhere than at a supercharger, the shuffle mode in Tidal, the base autopilot that drives better than a 3year old blind child, Tesla vision that stops screaming at me everytime I change lane on the motorway thinking I'm leaving the road !
In my opinion that's where they should put their ressources, not on the light show nor on the rainbow thingy
This update really pisses me off cause I've taken delivery of my car in March and in some aspects the car is worse now than it used to be...
I totally agree with everything you say here. Some of these basic rants are already included on cars far less technically “sophisticated”. I too am a bit frustrated with my blind child’s driving ability on autopilot. Hopefully… hopefully the 3 year old will grow up and get glasses when they merge the FSD/Autopilot stacks. Seriously though, why can’t I COMPLETELY silence lane keep assist? Just kindly move my car off the side of the lane and be done with it. I don’t need two audible nagging voices telling me my driving sucks.
Great point about the 360 camera. How about some rear cross traffic alerts for backing out of parking spots? That feature really helps, you know, back out without hitting cars and kids when the driver can see around the other parked cars.
I’m still a big fan of my Tesla. The greatest thing I see is “they” do actually listen and give us frequent updates that usually add to a better driving experience. Just add some of these basic features that most 5 and 10 year old cars already have. None of these features would cost a dime for Tesla, except for the 3 year old. We aren’t even asking for LASIK, just a working pair of corrective lenses.

Reactions: Legendary

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
I totally agree with everything you say here. Some of these basic rants are already included on cars far less technically “sophisticated”. I too am a bit frustrated with my blind child’s driving ability on autopilot. Hopefully… hopefully the 3 year old will grow up and get glasses when they merge the FSD/Autopilot stacks. Seriously though, why can’t I COMPLETELY silence lane keep assist? Just kindly move my car off the side of the lane and be done with it. I don’t need two audible nagging voices telling me my driving sucks.
Great point about the 360 camera. How about some rear cross traffic alerts for backing out of parking spots? That feature really helps, you know, back out without hitting cars and kids when the driver can see around the other parked cars.
I’m still a big fan of my Tesla. The greatest thing I see is “they” do actually listen and give us frequent updates that usually add to a better driving experience. Just add some of these basic features that most 5 and 10 year old cars already have. None of these features would cost a dime for Tesla, except for the 3 year old. We aren’t even asking for LASIK, just a working pair of corrective lenses.
Indeed the cars are very good (the driving experience is pretty good overall), and that's why I expect the basic points mentioned above to be working flawlessly.
I joked about the blind 3yo driving the car, but I can tell you that at night on the moyorway when the car just applied the full brakes because of a truck on the exit lane, I did emit a very loud scream (and I cursed in french because of course I do 😂). I can tell you that the whole Tesla vision thing was a nightmare for me (driving a lot, and often in the night).
One side note regarding Tidal : I love to use the shuffle mode so I can (re)discover my music and break the habit, so I was very disappointed when I realised that there was no such thing in the car.
Regarding what you say regarding the feedback, I think that's where they should absolutely create a public relations department, I know it's kind of start-up like to not have one, but it would be nice to have some people that actually reply to the critics.

Last edited:
Reactions: no2pencel

Kiwi

Sep 17, 2022
I wish I could turn off all the alarms on my Model 3. Auto high-beam lights should not work when there are street lights. My BMW has no warnings, and the auto light's high beam doesn't work when there are street lights. 360 camera view would be better than the other upcoming updates.

Reactions: Legendary

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
I wish I could turn off all the alarms on my Model 3. Auto high-beam lights should not work when there are street lights. My BMW has no warnings, and the auto light's high beam doesn't work when there are street lights. 360 camera view would be better than the other upcoming updates.
I completely agree.
When I was driving on the motorway with people and using the autosteer ability, I heard so many beeps that I decided to use the steering wheel myself xD