Where next?

Russellp

New member
Feb 24, 2025
8
9
3
I just purchased a new model S. It came with software version 2025.26.300. My model Y is a HW3 vehicle and I kind of knew which update would come next. On the Model S, I have not had an update since we took delivery, so I’m curious is there a way to tell which update is likely to come down when it does update? The 2025.26 series looks to be a dead end and I would expect maybe a 2025.38 update when it drops. Anybody got a better idea?
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
765
755
93
Do you know what hardware version and MCU processor your Model S has? If it's hardware 3, then it is likely that it would be on the same update as your Model Y. But if it's hardware 4, and has an AMD processor, then it will likely get the 2025.38 update at some point. I believe, regardless of hardware or intel vs. AMD processor, you will always get whatever the latest update is. You just wouldn't get all the features that are associated with that update if you have older equipment. For example, even your Model Y will likely get the 2025.38 update, but you probably might not be able to use the 3D maps feature.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
I just purchased a new model S. It came with software version 2025.26.300. My model Y is a HW3 vehicle and I kind of knew which update would come next. On the Model S, I have not had an update since we took delivery, so I’m curious is there a way to tell which update is likely to come down when it does update? The 2025.26 series looks to be a dead end and I would expect maybe a 2025.38 update when it drops. Anybody got a better idea?
first, congrats on the new MS!! it is normal sometimes for it to take a while to have an update because it’s still running factory software(if it’s brand new), and after the first month, the car’s VIN should be added to the public rollout list, and it just takes a while (at least that’s what a Tesla employee told me). after that first month, normal updates should continue, but (as i’m sure you’re aware) updates come in waves based on car configuration, VIN, hardware, and region. but just make sure where ever you usually have the vehicle parked overnight it’s connected to Wi-Fi, and after that, it’s just a waiting game. hope this helps!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Russellp

New member
Feb 24, 2025
8
9
3
Thanks guys! The Y just updated with 2025.38. The S is brand new so yes, I would expect an update sooner or later. Just wondering what version to expect. Love these cars! The S is amazing!
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
765
755
93
Thanks guys! The Y just updated with 2025.38. The S is brand new so yes, I would expect an update sooner or later. Just wondering what version to expect. Love these cars! The S is amazing!
Out of curiosity, did you happen to get FSD included on your new Model S? If so, then you likely might get on the FSD update branch, which is currently on 2025.32.X with FSD 14.1.2 at the moment. If you did not get FSD, then you will likely get the newest feature branch, which is the 2025.38.X in just a few days, to a few weeks. But like Alien said, whatever you do, make sure to try to keep it connected to Wi-Fi while parked so it can fetch updates as soon as they are available to you.
 

Russellp

New member
Feb 24, 2025
8
9
3
Yes, my S came with new package that included the FSD. So you think the 2025.32 is the branch the S should be on. Thanks, that’s what I was wondering. The Y updated last week with the 2025.38 branch. Both are on the same WiFi so it should download when available. I appreciate the feedback, thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal