Tesla will now send push notifications when 12V batteries needs to be replaced

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022

NeilP

Sep 14, 2022
I also received notification to replace 12V battery. It also said software will not update until battery is replaced. And right after that, got two more notifications.
1. "Elecrtical system backup power is unavailable. Vehicle will consume more energy while idle."
2. "Electrical system unable to support all features. Shutting down features to conserve energy."
Not sure if these messages are related to 12V battery or something bigger. I scheduled a service to replace 12v battery. The estimate I received is for lead acid battery for $85. So I'm not getting solid state lithium battery.

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I also received notification to replace 12V battery. It also said software will not update until battery is replaced. And right after that, got two more notifications.
1. "Elecrtical system backup power is unavailable. Vehicle will consume more energy while idle."
2. "Electrical system unable to support all features. Shutting down features to conserve energy."
Not sure if these messages are related to 12V battery or something bigger. I scheduled a service to replace 12v battery. The estimate I received is for lead acid battery for $85. So I'm not getting solid state lithium battery.

Thanks for those details. It looks like your 12v battery began to fail right when you received the alert. Unfortunately the lithium-ion low voltage batteries are not able to be easily retrofitted. They actually run at 16v instead of 12v.