Tesla model 3 update stuck at 68%😞

Tim’s Tesla

Apr 21, 2023
Hi All,

I have a model 3 2021 and have an update stuck for about a month now. I have tried rebooting the car, powering off the car, reinstalling the app multiple times but still stuck. I resigned myself to waiting for another update to come out in the hope it would overwrite the stuck one. I wanted to ask would this work, as in will an new update get rid of the stuck/pending one.

Thanks everyone.

SER3NITY

May 1, 2023
Tim did the update complete?
I also have a 2021 SR+ and find sw updates so slow to download. A speed test of my internet in car in the garage on my phone gives 90Mb download but the car is down loading at 34KB/s. If I hot spot the car from the phone it doesn’t improve so can only assume either car wifi is slow or more likely the Tesla server bandwidth is spread thin.

Tim’s Tesla

Apr 21, 2023
Hi, thanks for the info, I’m also using my phone to hotspot…not great. Anyway, I ended up calling Tesla support who remotely cancelled and restarted the download. I asked if a new download came available would it bump out the stuck download and they said no.

SER3NITY

May 1, 2023
Glad you got it sorted. My download yesterday just sat at around 50% connected to my excellent home wifi and I just stopped fiddling. Car data rate varied from 10 or so kB to 600kB. About an hour later the app notified download completion and then I installed it ok. I’m guessing 2023.12.1.1 was a big update.