Tesla App

shalan

Jun 6, 2023
We recently bought a used tesla, and when we tried connecting it to the app it wouldn't allow us because the previous owner of the car hasn't removed it from his app, i tried contacting him but he wouldn't reply , is there a way to fix this ?

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Contact Tesla directly with proof of ownership. Probably best to stop by a service center, but in the 'old' days you could do all that through your tesla account online by uploading docs. in the mean time keep pestering the previous owner :) .

Reactions: shalan

shalan

Jun 6, 2023
Contact Tesla directly with proof of ownership. Probably best to stop by a service center, but in the 'old' days you could do all that through your tesla account online by uploading docs. in the mean time keep pestering the previous owner :) .
can you give me a link where i could upload the needed docs? and dw in the mean time i will keep pestering him. and thanks

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Go to your Tesla Account page (create one if you haven't already at Tesla.com, Account under the drop down menu). See where it has 'Purchased a car from a third party in the pic? Hit add and you'll have to type the VIN. Tesla will contact you after that for the docs, at least that's how it worked a few years ago when I did it last.

Last edited:

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
View attachment 192

Go to your Tesla Account page (create one if you haven't already at Tesla.com, Account under the drop down menu). See where it has 'Purchased a car from a third party in the pic? Hit add and you'll have to type the VIN. Tesla will contact you after that for the docs, at least that's how it worked a few years ago when I did it last.
Hey mate, maybe you should remove your reservation number from the picture ? You never know...

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard