Software Window Recall Update Done???

KevinlyFather

Jan 31, 2023
Hi, I'm looking at buying a Model 3 but can't get financing with a recall on it. There's a window recall that was originally scheduled to be fixed OTA around November. Does anyone know if the updated software has been pushed yet? The vehicle is at a dealership and, of course, hasn't been updated. Currently on 2022.40.4. I know there's more recent updates. But what I don't know is if those updates fixed Recall #22V702 (Tesla recall #SB-22-00-013). Does anyone have confirmation, or a postcard with confirmation on the window recall being fixed? - Thanks.

Legendary

Sep 15, 2022
Hi, I think it would be easier if you could find someone that could confirm that X update fixed the issue and that your car has that update or will be updated prior to the purchase (it just requires a Wi-Fi connection and 25min to update the car, so the dealership can do it or allow you to do it pretty easily).

KevinlyFather

Jan 31, 2023
Yes, if I could find someone who could confirm the any update fixed the issue. Tesla, NHSTA, and the Tesla techs at the dealership... none of them can confirm that the recall is actually fixed. Tesla said they would start rolling out a fix in November, but there's been no news on that since and nobody I've talked to has any idea if it's happening. It's a silly recall, not a single injury, so nobody really pays any attention to it.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
This page could help you narrow it down. https://service.tesla.com/vin-recall-search You'll need the VIN

I remember getting snail mail on recalls being addressed by software updates but I tossed them out.
Here's what comes up for my GF's 2018 LR 3-
Recall DateRecall NumberDetails
December 21, 202121V-00DDescription:
The Model 3 trunk harness is equipped with a solid core coaxial cable that provides the rearview camera feed for visibility on the center display. Over time, repeated opening and closing of the trunk lid may cause excessive wear to the coaxial cable. If the wear causes the core of the coaxial cable to separate, the rearview camera feed is not visible on the center display.
Safety Risk:
Unavailability of the rearview camera display may affect the driver’s rear view and increase the risk of a collision. If there is a loss of rearview camera display, the driver can continue to operate the vehicle by performing a shoulder check and using their mirrors when backing.
Remedy:
Tesla Service will inspect the trunk harness on affected vehicles for wear. If wear is determined to be within specifications for the coaxial cable, Tesla Service will equip the harness with a guide protector to ensure a sufficient radius when the harness holds in a closed trunk state and prevent further wear. If wear is determined to be beyond the specifications for the coaxial cable, Tesla Service will install a new harness and guide protector. The remedy for this recall is currently unavailable. Tesla Service will notify owners of affected vehicles once the remedy is available.
September 19, 202222V702Description:
On certain model year 2021-2022 Model S and Model X vehicles, model year 2017-2022 Model 3 vehicles and model year 2019-2022 Model Y vehicles to correct performance of automatic window reversal systems to comply with regulatory standards
Safety Risk:
We are not aware of any crashes or injuries related to this condition. Before closing a window, ensure that the window travel path is clear of any obstructions.
Remedy:
A software update which includes the remedy that ensures compliances of the vehicle’s automatic window reversal system to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 118, Section 5 is expected to deploy over-the-air (OTA) beginning October 2022

KevinlyFather

Jan 31, 2023
This page could help you narrow it down. https://service.tesla.com/vin-recall-search You'll need the VIN

I remember getting snail mail on recalls being addressed by software updates but I tossed them out.
Here's what comes up for my GF's 2018 LR 3-
Recall DateRecall NumberDetails
December 21, 202121V-00DDescription:
The Model 3 trunk harness is equipped with a solid core coaxial cable that provides the rearview camera feed for visibility on the center display. Over time, repeated opening and closing of the trunk lid may cause excessive wear to the coaxial cable. If the wear causes the core of the coaxial cable to separate, the rearview camera feed is not visible on the center display.
Safety Risk:
Unavailability of the rearview camera display may affect the driver’s rear view and increase the risk of a collision. If there is a loss of rearview camera display, the driver can continue to operate the vehicle by performing a shoulder check and using their mirrors when backing.
Remedy:
Tesla Service will inspect the trunk harness on affected vehicles for wear. If wear is determined to be within specifications for the coaxial cable, Tesla Service will equip the harness with a guide protector to ensure a sufficient radius when the harness holds in a closed trunk state and prevent further wear. If wear is determined to be beyond the specifications for the coaxial cable, Tesla Service will install a new harness and guide protector. The remedy for this recall is currently unavailable. Tesla Service will notify owners of affected vehicles once the remedy is available.
September 19, 202222V702Description:
On certain model year 2021-2022 Model S and Model X vehicles, model year 2017-2022 Model 3 vehicles and model year 2019-2022 Model Y vehicles to correct performance of automatic window reversal systems to comply with regulatory standards
Safety Risk:
We are not aware of any crashes or injuries related to this condition. Before closing a window, ensure that the window travel path is clear of any obstructions.
Remedy:
A software update which includes the remedy that ensures compliances of the vehicle’s automatic window reversal system to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 118, Section 5 is expected to deploy over-the-air (OTA) beginning October 2022
Thanks. That's the info I need. I've run the VIN through and it's still listed as needing the fix. If you're getting the same thing, they must not have a fix for it yet. Cheers, Kevin

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Thanks. That's the info I need. I've run the VIN through and it's still listed as needing the fix. If you're getting the same thing, they must not have a fix for it yet. Cheers, Kevin
This is where I wish I kept the paperwork mailed to me saying it was fixed by update XXX.XX.
I gotta go to an appt but I'll look for the actual update that fixes this. Electrek or someone is bound to have it.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Well, no luck. We have a letter dated 11/18/22 saying the fix is coming in a future OTA update but I can not pin down which / when.