...so they made Autopilot worse again?

redycz

Apr 6, 2024
I drive a 2022 Tesla Model 3 Long Range with USS in the EU. I have purchased the Enhanced Autopilot.

Upon installing the 2024.8.7 software update, I was initially excited, especially because of the improvements to the Matrix headlights. However, my excitement quickly turned to frustration when I encountered a change that wasn't documented in the update notes, and frankly, it's quite bothersome.

Since applying the update, I've noticed that the Autopilot no longer automatically increases its speed after exiting a speed-limited area. To elaborate, if I activate Autopilot outside a town where the speed limit is 90 km/h, it correctly adjusts its speed. Upon entering a town, it appropriately slows down to 50 km/h. Yet, when I leave the town, it fails to return to the original speed of 90 km/h and instead maintains the 50 km/h speed limit.

Additionally, there seems to be an increase in false-positive front assist emergency warnings than previously experienced.

I'm curious to know if others outside the EU have encountered similar issues. Could this be a result of regulatory requirements, a bug in the update, or something else? I would greatly appreciate your insights and opinions on this matter.

Thank you.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Im in Arizona, noticed the same thing about warnings when I'm driving (front collision warning) with the FSD 12.3.3 build. Also with speed limits, also the car seems to miss quite a few 65MPH signs that it used to get. It is picking up school zone signs now, temporary 15MPH signs put in the middle of the road in front of schools. Once through the zone it doesn't speed up again which I think is what you're saying you're seeing.
Now that I think of it- it does kind of 'lag' when turning from one road onto another with a different speed limit, but the lag is in the display and not the actual speed now. I used to have to stop FSD when turning from a 35 to a 25MPH road because it would want to get up to 35 on the 25MPH road for a bit before realizing it was now on a street with a lower speed. Now it doesn't try to jump up to 35 but it does still display that on the screen... Still that's not exactly what you're seeing.

Reactions: RNHurt