Route planning.

Roadrunner

Aug 19, 2023
How can you see the entire length of the route when the car itself plans the route, I can only see xxx km to the proposed SC, and not the total length of the route, it can be done if you don't use auto planning, but that can't be right? :rolleyes:

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Covid has me laid up for a few more days, but my memory (which is scrambled eggs currently) is that the totals are on the bottom box in my 2020 Y. That is - when you’re navigating there is a top box with directions and one below it with estimations. If that doesn’t display the WHOLE trip distance and just the distance to the next stop / supercharger then try dragging the top box down so you can scroll through all the directions. At the bottom of all those directions might be where I’ve seen total trip info. There is round trip info somewhere there too I think. Like I said, it’s been a bit since I’ve been in my car driving :) . Something to explore anyway.

Reactions: Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Aug 19, 2023
Covid has me laid up for a few more days, but my memory (which is scrambled eggs currently) is that the totals are on the bottom box in my 2020 Y. That is - when you’re navigating there is a top box with directions and one below it with estimations. If that doesn’t display the WHOLE trip distance and just the distance to the next stop / supercharger then try dragging the top box down so you can scroll through all the directions. At the bottom of all those directions might be where I’ve seen total trip info. There is round trip info somewhere there too I think. Like I said, it’s been a bit since I’ve been in my car driving :) . Something to explore anyway.
I'll have a look around, thanks.
Get well soon. 🤧

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
You know, this has me thinking. I wonder if it would be a helpful tool to have a ‘virtual S/3/X/Y’ webpage where you could pull up an in car screen and see what how things work. Like route planning, all the adjustments, safety & service stuff. Have it work exactly like it works in the car with the exception of streaming audio of course :) . Someone on X should mention that to Elon, I’m not on it. Then we could have poked around from our iPads or computers and figured this out for you.

LenF

Apr 13, 2023
I took a road trip from Wilmington, DE to Portland, ME using the route planner in the car. Each trip had me stop twice for charging, but at about 30-40 minutes. On the trip back, we had lunch while the car charged (1st stop) to close to 100%. When I redid directions to home, it showed that I could get there (and did) with no more stops. There should be a way to take advantage of longer charging to lessen the number of times we had to stop.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard