Ride The Lightening interview with Lars and Franz (S&X delivery event)

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
For those interested- RTL had Lars and Franz on again, this time interviewed in a last of its kind model X :) .

The stories are always interesting. From pumping out another 50% power on the original S (or was that roadster?) right up to the last minute- adding some noise / vibration/ harshness mitigation in the last 1000 Model Ss produced reducing wind noise by 2db.
Some numbers came up so I asked Grok- It is estimated just over 400k Model Ss produced from 2012 to 2016. Last year Tesla made 3-4x as many Model Ys with factories shut down for almost a month! Tons more model 3s in a year as well. Crazy. I thought there were a million Model Ss on the road by now, I mean 14 years!! Makes me even more nervous for my car.
I also asked Grok about supercharger plugs in North America. I think there were 6 locations (not plugs) to start and now there are 30k.

Listening to Lars and Fanz always inspires me to think - I would have loved to work for those guys. Prolly Lars, design is not in my blood.

The actual convo starts around 11:20 into the podcast!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal