Phantom Braking

juren`

Oct 21, 2022
Teslas are not the only cars with ADAS to experience phantom braking - - our Subaru Outback has had a few - - but they are frequent on open highways between cities.

In a recent trip from Kansas City to California, we experienced numerous events in Kansas, Colorado and Utah -- fewer events in Nevada and California. We have experienced no significant events driving around the Kansas City area before or after the trip.

henryfarkas

Oct 6, 2022
I still get some phantom braking events in the Baltimore area, but less of them since the recent software update. Lane selection is still an issue. My FSD Beta still doesn't recognize bus lanes that are designated by the words, BUS LANE painted in the roadway. And sometimes, it wants to drive in a RIGHT TURN ONLY lane when the route doesn't call for a right turn at that upcoming intersection..

juren`

Oct 21, 2022
Only one phantom braking event yesterday on a drive between KC and St Louis on I-70 - - mid-day open road no one within 200 yards using AP.

The most frequent events we've encountered was late afternoon in eastern Kansas -- 3-4 per hour. It was quite unnerving.