List of software bugs

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
The *ONLY* way to get a response from Tesla is to post on Twitter (X). That's terrible customer service' almost as bad as Google's CS.
This is why I wrote that there is no "official feedback loop".
X can't be considered official, even though it's a sister company.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wjha and RNHurt

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
As of update 2025.26.4, I have been having a lot of connectivity issues. I will enter an address for navigation, and it will give me the route, but not traffic information along the route, or even alternative route options. However, everything else will still work fine, streaming music or video, checking the weather, Grok, etc. will all work fine, but traffic information on navigation will just show “navigating without connectivity”.

Edit: Upon further looking, I also noticed that the traffic still shows as normal across the rest of the map (checked with Google Maps app), and this only occurs when navigating to a destination address.
 
Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Like
Reactions: wjha and RNHurt

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
As of update 2025.26.4, I have been having a lot of connectivity issues. I will enter an address for navigation, and it will give me the route, but not traffic information along the route, or even alternative route options. However, everything else will still work fine, streaming music or video, checking the weather, Grok, etc. will all work fine, but traffic information on navigation will just show “navigating without connectivity”.

Edit: Upon further looking, I also noticed that the traffic still shows as normal across the rest of the map (checked with Google Maps app), and this only occurs when navigating to a destination address.
The same occurred to me, I was "abroad". Quite weird but everything seemed to work fine otherwise.
 

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
Why oh why do we have the "End Trip" button so visible and prominent, instead of just "Edit Trip" or at least End Trip" guarded by a confirmation request? I lost count of the times that I wanted to edit the trip and I inadvertently cancelled it. Which, considering that most of the times I have at least 2 hops (at least the full rountrip), is quite a PITA...
 
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
I still have this glitch when after I shift from reverse to drive, the mirrors will not return to their regular location; they stay in the “tilted” position.
 
  • Angry
Reactions: K.I.T.T.

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
I have left the parking lights on before, which obviously was my fault 🤦🏽‍♂️, but I usually check the app before I go to bed. Why doesn’t the app reflect if the lights are on? Or maybe a notification that the lights have been left on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
I still have this glitch when after I shift from reverse to drive, the mirrors will not return to their regular location; they stay in the “tilted” position.
One more reason why they should have a soft key, immediately accessible, for tilting them back, like you would do on ANY other car (i.e. flicking L/R to whatever position does not engage the tilting). It's very annoying when you need to drive backwards for other reasons than parking and cannot rely on mirrors.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
I have left the parking lights on before, which obviously was my fault 🤦🏽‍♂️, but I usually check the app before I go to bed. Why doesn’t the app reflect if the lights are on? Or maybe a notification that the lights have been left on.
This is a great idea. There should be more control on the app. Lights, Wi-Fi, mirrors, etc.
 

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
Dunno what's going on with my M3 lately. This could be a pretty nasty software bug. It started yesterday, but I don't recall if before or after the most recent firmwares, both on Tesla and Enhauto's side.

I washed the car and asked Enhauto if there could be a compatibility issue with Commander

I promise that the song wasn't on purpose 🤣 this was just one of a dozen occurrences in a 30 min drive.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250917_173015_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20250917_173015_Photos.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 8

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Dunno what's going on with my M3 lately. This could be a pretty nasty software bug. It started yesterday, but I don't recall if before or after the most recent firmwares, both on Tesla and Enhauto's side.

I washed the car and asked Enhauto if there could be a compatibility issue with Commander

I promise that the song wasn't on purpose 🤣 this was just one of a dozen occurrences in a 30 min drive.
I have only every experienced this with Autopilot when my FSD subscription has lapsed in the US. It tended to happen a lot when the system couldn't handle the current scenario, be it due to weather, road surface, or some other limitation of Autopilot. However, being that you mentioned the Enhanced Auto commander, could it be some sort of interference between that and the car's computer? Maybe the recent Tesla update changed something that is now conflicting with the commander? In which case, do you have any options or settings in the commander that would specifically interface with Autopilot or FSD in any way? For example, a setting to reactive autopilot after it is disengaged to switch lanes and then automatically re-enabled.

Edit: If the last case is true, perhaps try disabling the feature temporarily or all features to see if that fixes the issue. That would be the only thing I could think of other than entirely removing the commander to eliminate that as a possible cause to the problem. If it does, then you can likely just keep the features disabled until enhanced auto releases an update to fix the conflict.
 
Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
I have only every experienced this with Autopilot when my FSD subscription has lapsed in the US. It tended to happen a lot when the system couldn't handle the current scenario, be it due to weather, road surface, or some other limitation of Autopilot. However, being that you mentioned the Enhanced Auto commander, could it be some sort of interference between that and the car's computer? Maybe the recent Tesla update changed something that is now conflicting with the commander? In which case, do you have any options or settings in the commander that would specifically interface with Autopilot or FSD in any way? For example, a setting to reactive autopilot after it is disengaged to switch lanes and then automatically re-enabled.

Edit: If the last case is true, perhaps try disabling the feature temporarily or all features to see if that fixes the issue. That would be the only thing I could think of other than entirely removing the commander to eliminate that as a possible cause to the problem. If it does, then you can likely just keep the features disabled until enhanced auto releases an update to fix the conflict.
There shouldn't be anything interfering with autopilot, it only disconnects it when exceeding max speed, which wasn't the case, or when putting on turning lights, and attempting to reconnect when on lane.
Anyway I found out that it can be disabled via software, so next time I'll pass on the same road I'll try again.
Actually they said it could be related to a new feature turning on headlights when it's raining, however I don't see how it could affect autopilot...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
Another interesting bug. My wife made me notice that the front passenger seat never asks for a seatbelt. Only backseats and driver. Strangely, a couple of times I go the yellow baby seat warning, without a passenger. Another reason to go to maintenance ...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
There shouldn't be anything interfering with autopilot, it only disconnects it when exceeding max speed, which wasn't the case, or when putting on turning lights, and attempting to reconnect when on lane.
Anyway I found out that it can be disabled via software, so next time I'll pass on the same road I'll try again.
Actually they said it could be related to a new feature turning on headlights when it's raining, however I don't see how it could affect autopilot...
In the US, it is very common for car manufacturers to enable the headlights automatically whenever it's raining, or when the windshield wipers are active. It varies from state to state and isn't necessarily a nationwide standard. That said, I agree, I don't really understand why that specifically would interfere with the commander and Tesla's own software. But nonetheless, it is likely a bug, but it would be difficult to say whether it is a bug on Tesla's end or a bug on Enhanced Auto's commander. I would probably lean more towards the aftermarket add-on, but the only way to verify that would be for you to disable it completely or remove it to test.

Another interesting bug. My wife made me notice that the front passenger seat never asks for a seatbelt. Only backseats and driver. Strangely, a couple of times I go the yellow baby seat warning, without a passenger. Another reason to go to maintenance ...

That is very odd, and is likely some sort of software bug on Tesla's end. It could be something having to do with the fact that they have recently been switching over to using the in-cabin radar to detect occupancy rather than seat sensors. But one would imagine that it would fall back to the regular seat sensors if the cabin radar is either obstructed or not detecting occupancy. In the US, it still only detects the front two seats, but doesn't detect the rear seats yet (to my knowledge). Regardless, that would be worth taking it into service for since it is related to safety and could be a very big deal if it means airbags don't deploy in a collision. Also, make sure that there is nothing obstructing the area directly behind and over the cabin camera (between the cabin camera and the roof mounted gear selector), as that could block the radar that is used to detect occupancy.
 

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
There is nothing obstructing anything. I'll disable commander to see if it create some interference even here, but I don't recall any feature of such kind.
 

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
Checked and it's not Commander. Going for an appointment with Tesla, because at this stage I have no idea if the front passenger airbag would even deploy. It could be this silly radar - which I remind already bothered twice about a phantom "child left inside the car"... wonder why they just don't keep using weight sensors.
There is nothing obstructing anything. I'll disable commander to see if it create some interference even here, but I don't recall any feature of such kind.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
i’m unable to modify the custom lock sound for the USB drive. it appears to be fixed on the first sound i set. even if i change the sound on my USB drive, it remains the same custom sound that i set back in 2023 when the holiday update was released.