Latest update August 2022 2022.20.9

ODST

Sep 4, 2022
I got an update this August 27. It was update to eliminate the radar. Now I have problems with the car. The biggest one is when I'm driving on autopilot the windshield wipers start working. It's not raining it's cloudy out but it will not let me turn it off. When I get out of autopilot is still going and I have to physically turn it off. This update without radar doesn't recognize a lot of cars and other things. A pedestrian will be walking by and he doesn't even see it on the screen. But it would slow down. I don't like this update. It stops for cars too far away. Which may cause an accident. But the worst thing I hate is the windshield wiper I cannot use autopilot anymore because the damn room and there's no way for me to stop it. If anybody knows why or a way to stop it please let me know. Help I want to use autopilot.

Reactions: Warekiwi

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
What you describe hasn't been my experience. Vision detects surrounding objects better than radar. You may want to make sure your cameras are all clean and recalibrate your cameras from the car's menu. It'll require you to drive a while before you can use AP again so plan accordingly.

If that doesn't help, give it an update or two or reach out to Tesla service to figure out the issue.

Warekiwi

Sep 2, 2022
What you describe hasn't been my experience. Vision detects surrounding objects better than radar. You may want to make sure your cameras are all clean and recalibrate your cameras from the car's menu. It'll require you to drive a while before you can use AP again so plan accordingly.

If that doesn't help, give it an update or two or reach out to Tesla service to figure out the issue.
It seems that the lack of visualisation is a bug affecting cars that previously has radar like my March 2022 MYLR- awaiting the next update in the meantime.

ODST

Sep 4, 2022
It seems that the lack of visualisation is a bug affecting cars that previously has radar like my March 2022 MYLR- awaiting the next update in the meantime.
Thanks it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one.